Part Four: By the Rivers...

Sienna's been gone for a decent while, as we see our Helljumper at work with his equipment. He is glad that everything in his armor is in fine condition. The comm network in his helmet is fine, but expectedly has static throughout the channels for obvious reasons. The M7S is already fine, as well. The major troubles for Frost are his M6C and his knee. The M6C has been patched up but needs some finishing touches, while his knee needs to heal.

The magnum can wait, as Frost searched his pockets for all of his valuables until he found what he was searching for. It was a small Bible he can stuff into his pocket. He had it with him since boot camp. He never paid any attention to the book until he met Hal, who is religious. Despite not being interested in religion, it took Hal two weeks of pestering Frost before he finally started reading the first chapters of the Bible. Now, Frost has an interest in reading the Biblical scriptures but remains non-religious.

Among the Old Testament stories, Frost finds the stories of Kings Saul, David, and Solomon the most interesting. The New Testament itself interests the Helljumper as well. What now truly gained Frost's attention is one of the Psalms in the Bible. More specifically, Psalm 137. The hymn expresses the yearnings of the Jewish people during their Babylonian exile from Jerusalem, as well as hatred depicting violent imagery towards Jerusalem's enemies.

'By the rivers of Babylon,' Frost started reading. 'There we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.'

The moment he read it, Frost instantly thought of Sienna's words of how Mankind had reneged its promise of equality with the Faunus people. To add more onto it, this 'Schnee Dust Company' doesn't help it either. Exploiting people for labor in mines that sounds like they could cave in at any moment definitely sounds like a great idea. An idea that definitely does make things better for everyone. All because of some rich prick named Jacques Schnee who only cared about some profits, from what Frost is guessing. Judging by the business the SDC deals in, Atlas itself might be involved as well. After, it's best to keep a blind eye to your major supplier right?

He now wonders how the Faunus are reacting to it. Speaking of which. 'What's that 'business' that Sienna is running called, again? 'The White Fang', right?' Frost thought. 'Yeah, right. Those guards at the front don't look like they're the types to protest peacefully.'

Frost didn't realize that he'd been rereading the same Psalm, until a knock is heard on the door. Frost cautiously approached it, as he heard Sienna announcing. "Frost, I'm coming in."

Frost took a step away as Sienna opened the door and walked in before closing the door. Looking at the Tigress, Frost could tell that Sienna's exhausted. He stood up and moved his possessions close to him, so he could take up as little space as possible. Sienna watched as the Helljumper shuffled his things around. Sienna asked, "What are you doing?"

"Moving my stuff away." Frost replied.

"Why?" Sienna said, as she laid down on her bed.

"Well," Frost said, nonchalantly while going back to reading his Bible. "I'm kinda intruding here, so I'll respectfully take up as little space as possible for you."

   Sienna commented. "That's very thoughtful of you." She then notices the Bible in Frost's hands. "What are you reading there?"

   Looking up, Frost spoke. "The Holy Bible."

   Sienna raised an eyebrow. "Never heard of it."

   The Helljumper sighed, as he restarted his reading. An idea then came to him. "Want me to read aloud?"

   Looking down to think, Sienna smiled. "Sure."

   Getting comfortable in his sleeping bag, Frost said before reading. "Where I'm from, the Holy Bible is very important in religion. It contains scriptures of those that followed the God described. I'll read you a Psalm that reminds me of your people. In it, it talks about a race of Humans known as Jews and their exile from their Holy City of Jerusalem."

   Interested, Sienna commented. "That sounds very interesting. Can you please read it to me?"

   Frost looked down at the book, and read aloud. "By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down. Yea, we wept when we remembered Zion. We hung our harps upon the willows in the midst of it. For there those who carried us away captive asked of us a song and those who plundered us requested mirth, saying, 'Sing us one of the songs of Zion!'"

   Pausing, Frost looked back up at Sienna. He can see her staring at the ceiling and could tell that she's thinking. Her voice spoke. "I'm sorry, you're doing great... Please continue."

   Inhaling, Frost drones on. "How shall we sing the Lord's song in a foreign land? If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its skill! If I do not remember you, let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth— If I do not exalt Jerusalem above my chief joy." Taking a glance at Sienna, the Helljumper could see a thousand thoughts on her face. Now, his thoughts of suspicions about her began to blossom.

   Frost then continued. "Remember, O Lord, against the sons of Edom. The day of Jerusalem, who said, 'Raze it, raze it, to its very foundation!'" Frost could hear Sienna flinch. He must've struck something there.

  Undeterred, he went on to finish. "O daughter of Babylon, who are to be destroyed,
Happy the one who repays you as you have served us! Happy the one who takes and dashes
your little ones against the rock!" He then went silent.

   Without looking, Frost waits for a response from Sienna. It took a while, but Sienna finally said a word. "That is one interesting subject your Holy Bible talked about. Hearing it does remind me of my people's struggle. Hopefully, our goal of equality would come sooner rather than later." She remarked, sitting up before saying in Fauo'shye. "Danto usay."

Confused, and off guard, Frost asked. "What?"

Sienna smiled. "It's Fauo'shye for 'Thank you.'"

Returning the smile, Frost flawlessly said, "Danto usay."

Sienna's smile only grew even bigger, in response.

(Author's Note: I've been inspired by the religious character of Joshua Graham from the popular video game called Fallout New Vegas, when I added in the Bible part. Here's a montage of all the works about Joshua Graham from YouTube down below, if you haven't heard about him so you could have an idea of what kind of character he is.)