5: Realizations and Enveloping Warmth

Brenna sobbed heavily into Jimin's shirt, clinging to him desperately.
The seven men looked at each other in shock and confusion from the statements that she had uttered.
Jungkook, in desperation to make Brenna realize that he was not the one that hurt her, surged forward to hold her, much to her dismay, and it sent her into a terrified anxiety attack.

"Please! Please don't hurt m-me!" she screamed out, trying to climb sideways away from him, Jimin holding tight to her shoulders so that she wouldn't hurt herself.

Jungkook looked at her shaking form helplessly, he wrung his hands in worry, wanting to do something but not knowing how to not make the situation worse. Jungkook felt a tug on his sleeve and he looked up to see Jin holding onto his sleeve.
Jin motioned his head towards the kitchen and Jungkook, heartbroken, followed.
He looked over his shoulder to see Yoongi sitting down beside Brenna, and Jimin carefully rolling Brenna to her other side so that her head was on Yoongi's chest. Yoongi's arms immediately wound around her body in order to hold her close and to try to comfort her. Yoongi looked up, feeling himself being watched, and caught Jungkook's eye. Yoongi's eyes softened sympathetically and he tilted his chin towards where Jin was pulling the younger man, his silent way of telling Jungkook that he needed to leave the room. Namjoon quickly followed Jin and Jungkook into the kitchen, his hand coming up to rub Jungkook's shoulder.

~*~
Jungkook leaned over the island in the kitchen and put his head in his hands, his wave brown hair falling over his eyes.

"I swear I didn't touch her, I swear, I- I would never hurt her." He said to his friends, his voice cracking.

Namjoon walked over to Jungkook and rubbed his shoulders soothingly as Jin handed him a bottle of water from the fridge.

"We know that you didn't hurt her, Kookie. We know that you wouldn't do something like that." Jin said trustingly.

"But WHY does she think I did?! Why does she believe I would ... do that?!"

Namjoon breathed out, his eyebrow furrowing. "Maybe... maybe it has something to do with her memory loss? Maybe... because you saved her.... She sees your face instead of her attacker's? It makes sense in a way if you think about it like that."

"God, is something like that really possible?' Jin asked, looking between them with his eyes wide.

Namjoon folded his arms across his chest and looked down at the floor in thought. "I mean.. we would have to talk to the doctor to get clear answers but... I don't see why it's not possible. If she opened her eyes during the time you were carrying her and saw your face, it definitely could be possible."

"Okay.... I get that but how do we get her to realize that it wasn't me?!" Jungkook asked worriedly.

"There... there may not be much we can do tonight, man. Let me... let US talk to her and try to calm her down. We need to see if she will go back to the bedroom and get some more rest. God knows she definitely needs more rest. And maybe... maybe tomorrow she will feel more comfortable with having you around...."

"So, what? I'm just supposed to sit here and... and.. twiddle my thumbs while she's in there hurting?! What if she needs me?!" Jungkook asked incredulously, slamming the bottle of water down on the island counter.

"Right now... I think Brenna needs time to calm down. Just...stay in here okay?" Namjoon asked before looking at Jin.

"Will you stay in here with him? I'm going to go see if Brenna wants to take some of the anxiety medicine that the doctor left for her when he was here."

Jin nodded and pulled out one of barstools and sat down. "Don't worry Namjoona, we will be okay in here. You guys just make sure that Brenna is taken care of."