Chapter 6: The Game Begins

Summary:
Wooyoung is scared and worried when someone pretending to be Brenna responded to his text stating that she decided not to try to escape.
Wooyoung gets their friends together to go confront Niragi, to found out what he did with their Friend.
Niragi is surprised by the one person he hates the most, Wooyoung, showing up at the Family Home.
When a truth comes out it leaves Wooyoung and the guys desperate to find Brenna and leaves Niragi with a thirst for blood.

Notes:
TW: Mentions of physical violence

~*~

"Dammit!" Jung Wooyoung yelled loudly before slamming his fist down on the bar that he was sitting at, causing his best friend and owner of the bar he was currently at, Chan, to glance over at him with yet another worried look on his face.

The bar had been closed for not even fifteen full minutes when an anxiety-filled Wooyoung had started hammering on the door and screeching for his friend to let him in. Since then, he had been sitting at the bar, repeatedly trying to get in contact with their friend Brenna.

The last time he had talked to her, she said that she needed to escape from the man she was living with. Brenna had offered no details but he had seen the bruises and the broken bones and how panicked she became anytime that Wooyoung said that he was going to talk to the man. The fuck did he care if the man WAS the head of a "Family"? This was his BEST and TRUEST friend for fuck's sakes and he was not going to ignore the fact that she just up and disappeared on their plans before a receiving a text that was obviously from someone pretending to be her.

Wooyoung slammed his phone down on the bar and let out a loud groan of frustration, raking his fingers through his black hair. Chan walked over to him, pouring whiskey into two glasses before sliding one of the glasses of his strongest whiskey over to him. Chan drank the alcohol quickly, grimacing at the strength but Wooyoung let his set for the moment.

"What's up, mate?" Chan asked in his Australian accent, leaning over the bar to pick up Wooyoung's cell phone.

Chan noticed that Wooyoung still had the picture of their seven person friend group that they had taken the summer that Brenna had met Niragi, as his lock screen. Chan allowed himself a second to bathe in those memories of the days before everything became so complicated.

"Still no contact from Brenna?" he asked, although he was already completely sure of the answer.

Wooyoung slammed his hands down on the polished wood of the bar top.

"No! I'm telling you, Chan, something is wrong. Something is seriously fucking wrong! It's been an entire day and a half since her last text message. This isn't like her! You know this! Even when that bastard would take her phone, her inside man would let her use his phone. But this time there is nothing. NOTHING!" He said, standing up and starting to pace back and forth, his anxiety and worry mounting with each hour that he didn't hear anything.

Chan sighed deeply and scrolled through the messages between his best friend and his other friend.

"Maybe she really did decide to stay, you know how many times she changed her mind. One minute she wants to leave, the next she wants to stay." Chan offered, trying to stay more positive than he actually felt.
The truth is, Chan believed that something horrible happened to Brenna as well, however, they had no proof and if he told Wooyoung exactly how he felt, Wooyoung would take that as permission to storm to the Niragi residence. Not that Chan was entirely against that idea, not at all, but he was smart enough to be a little afraid of Niragi and to know that they would need to secure safety as well as backup for that trip. Owning his own bar allowed him to hear all of the gossip that his clients spewed with their drunkenness. The Niragi family would come up often. Chan had heard the terrible rumors that people told in his bar and knew that every rumor started with a glimmer of the truth. And even a glimmer of truth of some of those rumors... it was enough to make your stomach turn.