♡𝙎𝙞𝙭

‧˚₊⊹♡₊˚ෆ❜꒰₊˚𝖔𝖒𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖈𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖙

The first day of school is never easy. Finding classes, meeting teachers, trying to navigate the lunchroom, everyone has their own dilemma walking into a school building in August.

It was a lot harder when school started a week ago and you just moved into town though. This was the case for Ochako Uraraka, a junior who just moved to New York from Arkansas due to her parent's job. Due to some paperwork mishaps, she wasn't able to start last week, so now she was a week behind everyone else.

This was the fourth high school she'd attended, always moving around to find new work. Her parents insisted this was it, the last big move they'd make, but it was getting hard to believe after they'd said it twice.

Yuuei was by far the biggest school she'd gone to. She was surprised she'd passed the entrance exam, but she prided herself on being a good student. She looked back and forth between the schedule in her hand and the door numbers, hoping to find her classroom soon. The last thing she wanted to do was ask for help, considering everyone else most likely knew the halls by now and she didn't want to reek of new kid.

It took her a minute, but she eventually found it. Room 216, History, Mr. Aizawa. She took a deep breath before walking in, seeing the class practically full. It was time to start the usual new kid routine: tell the teacher who you are and ask where you can sit. After switching to her second school, Ochako learned it's better to ask where the open seats are rather than assume.

She walked to the teacher's desk at the back of the room. She found it strange how his desk faced the door, but the student desks faced his. He was sitting there, drinking from a mug and skimming through a textbook. "Um, excuse me?" Her voice was soft, mainly because she didn't want to draw attention to herself.

He looked up, not even forcing a smile as most teachers would. "Yes?" "I'm Ochako Uraraka, I just transferred here. Are there any open seats?" Aizawa looked through his roster and saw her name pop up. "Oh yeah, they told me I was getting another one. Unfortunately, you weren't here when we did seating arrangements, so unless you convince someone to switch you're stuck where you are."

She couldn't be too upset about that, instead, just hope she wasn't stuck in a crap seat. "You're in the back row, seat four, next to Kyouka. Raise your hand Kyouka." Ochako turned around, scanning the room until she saw a hand go up.

"Grab a textbook off the shelf and take a seat, meet me during lunch so we can discuss you catching up." Ochako nodded and did as told, heaving the heavy textbook to the hand still raised in the air. Once she was close enough, she put the textbook down and sat in her seat. It was then she could look over and match a face to a hand.

The girl sitting next to her, who she knew was Kyouka, had a very goth look to her. She had dark brown skin with curly purple hair, right eyebrow pierced along with both her nostrils. She wore only black and silver clothing, a bit of purple peeking through her bracelets. Ripped jeans, band tee, doc martins, it was like she teleported here from an old Paramore music video.

Ochako didn't realize she was staring until her eyes met hers. "Sorry." Was the first thing she mumbled before going to look at her hands. "Eh, it's cool. You're not the first person to stare, you won't be the last." She wasn't sure why, but that response made her a bit... sad.

"I uh, I like your bracelets." She didn't want the first person who'd spoken to her to think she was an asshole, so an easy compliment with sort of a smile would have to do. "Thanks, made most of them myself." "Really? That's super cool. I've never met anyone who could make jewelry before."

It was now Kyouka's turn to get a good look at the new girl. She was pale, pink acne scattered lightly across her face. Dark brown hair cut into a bob with bangs that touched her thick-rimmed glasses. She was wearing a pink hoodie with blue jeans and all black Converse, nothing too much, pretty simple. She also noticed the pink braces when she spoke, noticing a common color.

To make it simple, Kyouka could tell this girl was a total dork. "Look, I'm just gonna skip past the whole twenty questions for the new kid shtick cus I'm sure you'll get that all day. Names Kyouka, but people call me Jirou. What's your name and do you wanna eat lunch together?"

Ochako was shocked because no one had ever just asked her to have lunch with them. "Oh, well I'm Ochako, I don't really have a nickname or anything, and sure, I'll eat lunch with you, I just have to come back here first." She didn't want to sound desperate, but she was happy someone had taken pity on her.

Maybe Yuuei wouldn't be that terrible to get through.

[A/N: New characters I see 🙈 time to get some plot going]