Chapter 5

Mo's Villa

"So what is the reason for your arrival Marshall James." Mo Laotian asked. His voice was emotionless. 

Marshall James paused.

"It's…Your father wanted to meet you. 

It's King Mo's death anniversary. His majesty wants your presence there. The prince also wants to meet you." He said. 

"Oh….I didn't know, the great Emperor and prince still wanted to see this cursed boy, who was abandoned by them.I thought my family died the day i was born ." His voice was sarcastic. Though, in this life he vowed to protect those people. It doesn't mean he will forgive them for abandoning him. 

"General Mo, mind your words. Your words are considered as a curse to the emperor and his highness to death.He is the hero of this Empire and your father." General Mo said aloud. 

"So what..? He is a hero for this nation, a best friend for you, an amazing parent for the prince and his nephew. But for me he wasn't a great father nor was he a hero who protected me." Laotians'  voices echoed in the room. It didn't have an ounce of warmth. 

Marshall James looked at Mo Laotian. Who is currently the talk of the nation, He defeated many zergs and became the youngest General in history, becoming the pride of the empire. He sighed. 

"I know, What his majesty did to you was unfair. But that doesn't mean you aren't his son. You are also born because of their love. Whatever he does, he could never hate you. And it is also for your own good." 

He tried to persuade him. He know, this son of his friend was a perfect copy of his friend. Just like his surname his character also followed his mother. If he made a decision, he would never change it, just like his mother. But still he wanted to persuade this child. He wanted to fulfil his friend's wish and make this family become one.

If it was an old Laotian, he would have caused chaos after hearing those words. What good it can do when a father abandons his own child who has just been born. But he won't act like before. And become a puppet for others. He doesn't want to make any foolish decisions out of anger. If there is really a reason behind abandoning him. He will find out about it himself. Only after knowing what it is. He will choose how to behave with his so-called family. 

He closed his eyes, calming his emotions. 

"Marshall,  If you don't have anything else to say, you should leave." His voice was extremely cold. 

Marshall James flinched. Even if he is in a high position. How could he fight against a near SSS level aura? 

He sighed. 

'It looks like I won't be able to persuade him like this.'

"Even if you don't want to see his majesty, you should return to the capital star and meet your mother in his tomb. It's his death anniversary…" James paused.

"And also your birthday. It's your chance to meet him finally." His voice cracked. 

Mo Laotian, who was about to go out suddenly stopped. He clenched his fist. After a few moments of silence. He said. 

"Okay……… I will come." He said. 

Marshall James' face lit up But was immediately extinguished by his next sentence. 

"But. Not as a second prince of the empire but as a General. And I won't have any relationship with the royal family. I will only attend as a General of the empire. If you have any opinion on this. I don't think there is any need for me…." Before he could complete his word. Marshall James interrupted. 

"Okay, as you wish.You only need to attend the party." After hearing this Mo Laotian walked out of the room. And said to the butler. 

"Send the guest out."

"Yes Master.." Butler bowed his head and said to Marshall James. 

"Please this way." 

Marshall James looked towards Mo Laotian one last time and left with the butler. 

Mo Laotian went out of the mansion and sat on a wooden chair near the garden. 

"Sigh."

'I did plan to return to the capital star. But it wasn't this early..' 

Still thinking about his mother's tomb, which he wasn't able to see in his previous life. He clenched his fist. 

In his previous life. Marshall James also visited him. But that meeting wasn't as peaceful as this time. They had an argument. At the end, he sent away the Marshall in anger. And never went for the anniversary of his mother. On that anniversary day, when people were mourning for the late King. The tomb was attacked by the Zerg King army, Injuring the Emperor and the prince. Though they were injured but were able to overcome the attack safely. But, the tomb was destroyed completely. Causing the emperor to go to a pre-riot stage. He was finally unable to continue his position. So the First prince took over the position as the Emperor. 

None of this incident was important to Mo Laotian. He already gave orders to his subordinates to secretly protect the emperor and the prince. But when he thought of his mother's tomb, he suddenly felt regret. He can't allow them to destroy his mother's tomb. Only person dear to him other than his wife. 

So this time, he wants to see his tomb. And get his blessings for what he was about to do. 

"Mother.." he murmured. 

Suddenly a cold hand caressed his head. He opened his eyes. He saw a pair of worried eyes. 

"Are you alright?" Xu Ming asked in a worried tone. 

Mo Laotian suddenly smiled. He pulled the person and made Xu Ming sit near him. Before Xu Ming could even react, a head suddenly lay on his lap. 

Mo Laotian put Xu Mings' hand on his lips. 

"As long as you're here. I am alright." His voice was unusually gentle, which made Xu Ming shy. 

He doesn't know what happened to Laotian recently and why he is being so gentle towards him. But he only hopes that this gentleness can last forever. 

In the middle of the beautiful garden, the sun reflected on the two people. It was a peaceful picture that can even bring warmth to a cold hearted person. 

.

.

(TbC)

___________________________

Please Vote, Comment and subscribe🤗

**********************************

Hey cuties,

I know there are many mistakes in my english. I am not proficient in English.  But I will try my best. And sorry for the big gap between the updates. I will try to update frequently once I complete my BEBV novel. 

Love you all. 

Be with me and thank you for waiting patiently.

You Lovely author

AHN.