Chapter 1 - The Mission

It was early. Dew was scattered across the soft grass,the sky was a pale pink blended with the blues of the sunhigh sky that was soon to come.
In the apprentice's den,Shellpaw had just woken. Parting her maw to a large yawn,she looked to her side,to see Algaepaw still fast asleep,curled up in a nest.

She's seriously still asleep?! Shellpaw complained in her mind,but still tried not to wake her friend. Stalking out the apprentice's den,Shellpaw was out.
The morning breezes were chilly,which led to giving Shellpaw ruffled fur,but she didn't bother to fix it.
" Shellpaw? " Croaked a voice from behind the pale shecat. Out of instinct,Shellpaw jumped and spun around - Algaepaw peered out the den she had been in.

" Algaepaw! You can't scare me like that!

" Shellpaw spat,letting her fur relax.

" Sorry,why are you already awake? "

" I'm not a sleepy head like you! "
Algaepaw playfully pounced onto Shellpaw,biting her ear,painlessly.

" Hey! " Shellpaw chuckled.

As the two young cats laughed and play-fighted like kits,another sillouethe emerged and stood infront of them.

" Shellpaw,Algaepaw,may we speak in my den? " It was Otterstar,she stood tall,her fur neat and her pose steady. "I have an important request. "

Both apprentices nodded,and padded to Otterstar's den.
Leech and ivy curled around stone warmed by the sun,and inside was a moss nest. Otterstar sat in it,while Shellpaw and Algaepaw sat infront of her.

" Patchnose informed me of a disturbation in the Pure Carp cavern. Something is disturbing the stone. " Otterstar began.
" The Pure Carp Constelation yesterday,at moonhigh kept flashing. I want you two young apprentices to travel to it,and figure what in MistClan's name is happening. "

Shellpaw and Algaepaw exchanged excited looks,then turned back to Otterstar.
The clearing had quickly filled up,Littleflame,Sorrelgrass were already there,and they are rather lazy cats!

" Once you two are ready,head to Patchnose's den she- " Before Otterstar could finish,the two were already heading out of camp.

Otterstar huffed,and padded toward the clearing,to share tounges with her fellow clanmates,and about Algaepaw and Shellpaw's mission.

" You sure they'll make it out alive? " Asked a tabby warrior,worried for the two.

" I'm sure they are,Larchjay. With Algaepaw's strength and Shellpaws's intelligence,they can do anything. "

Replied Otterstar,calmly looking at the warrior

" Those two will get just killed by LakeClan warriors! " Croaked Darknose.

" And you wouldn't? "
Asked Molefoot.

Those words made Darknose go silent - as he was old and could barely even catch the slowest vole.

" I just..hope the two will be alright. It's a dangerous route,and if we were to go through StoneClan,they'd be killed with no questions. Atleast,LakeClan will consider doing so. "

The cats who Otterstar was speaking to nodded in approval,whilst she shifted her mittens on the dirt,almost making a burrow.
The warm beams of sun peered through the filled camp,the lightest breezes blew the grass and ferns and the scent of gentle flowers traveled across their territory.