Chapter 2 - The Journey Begins

Algaepaw and Shellpaw were halfway into the territory.
Their paws sore and stomachs empty, Algaepaw whined.
" Uuugh! Why didn't we eat first? "

" I suggested we did so! "
Shellpaw replied,pausing next to a small flower patch.
Algaepaw huffed and padded to a different direction,hoping to find a slow vole to snack on.

" That won't work,frogbrain! " Shellpaw meowed,seating herself onto the soft,dewy ground below. " The prey is too fast! "

Algaepaw simply ignored Shellpaw,stepping away further more into the territory.
Shellpaw remained where she was,beggining to fiddle with blades of grass. Why did i accept to come with Algaepaw?,Shellpaw whined in her mind,looking round for any danger occasionally.

A rustling powered through the silence. It came from a pale green bush,which from a rat ran out of.
It's too small,Shellpaw stated,truthfully - The rodent was thin and small,it wouldn't be the best meal to have.

Afterward,Algaepaw went back to the are where the two apprentices had stopped.
" It's about time! " Shellpaw meowed loudly.
" I swear i found a plump vole back there! " Algaepaw pouted. " Anyway,shouldn't we err... Keep going? ". Shellpaw nodded,and the two young cats padded off into the remains of LilyClan's territory.

The sky grew to a pale blue tone meanwhile. Pure,soft clouds scattered across it,though the beams of sunlight were still able to pierce through onto the grass that covered the territory.
The only sounds that could be heard were chirps of small birds and the rushing of the river whom passed through the four territories.

It was truly peaceful,which encouraged Algaepaw and Shellpaw to keep going on their mission.
Whilst passing certain areas,little pawprints were left by.

" Ugh...How much more do we need to walk? " Shellpaw panted,her voice echoing through the silence.

" Isn't LakeClan- " Algaepaw replied,pausing to catch her breath.
" LakeClan getting close? "

Shellpaw shrugged,the apprentices' pace slowing - It's hard for two young cats to walk through nearly two whole territories.