The burning tower

"Thank you for coming." miss Faragonda says and I rest my hands in my lap. "No need to thank me." I say and she sits down in the chair of her desk.

She takes a deep breath and I know that this will be a heavy conversation. I already know what she wants to say so I will try to keep it short but I doubt that it will work. I'm tired and I would like to take a nap before I make any promises or speak about important things.

"How are you doing? How is it going?" She starts off softly, trying small talk. I nod and try to smile but my face is too tired. "I'm doing better. It's fine." I answer and see her honest smile. She nods, knowing I'm lying but she won't push me. It's obvious that I built a guard after the things that happened.

"We didn't get to talk about what happened. I couldn't tell you how upset I was about everything." She explains and I know that she means it. Even if she sets priorities that may be wrong in my eyes sometimes or doesn't know how to handle the situation to be fair to everyone, I know that she's really sorry and that she will always be honest to me. I don't doubt her or her loyalty and honesty but I'm hurt because she treated me like an animal.

"I already know what you want to say, miss Faragonda. I know you and it's fine. We went through hard times and it's over. Don't worry about it." I assure her that I'm serious about it but she shakes her head. "No, no. I need to. I'm sorry. With all my heart. I made decisions that were unfair towards you and didn't realize it until Valtor pointed it out, which disappoints me even more. I shouldn't have put you in that position." I can see how upset she is and she shouldn't be so hard to herself. Everyone makes mistakes and I'm the last person to judge her about it. I'm the one who stole the codex. Yet I was out of my mind. I wasn't myself while I did all these things but she was. I'm not angry but I also don't feel like talking to her too much.

I stand up and so does she. She walks around the desk to approach me.

"Don't worry about it. Seriously. I understand. Let's leave it behind us." I'm tired of thinking about it and talking about it any further is unnecessary too. It won't change anything.

I also don't want her to be sad. Not about something that's over and I'm not a bad hearted person. I can forgive her. Especially since she didn't try to harm me. Questining her decisions won't help me.

"Thank you. I'm glad you think like that." She strokes my arm and I want to go. Now that she knows I forgave her, she's happier and I'm glad about that. I can't stand drama. Especially not right now.

"There's one more thing." She starts and I listen carefully. "Valtor."

I sigh and sit back down. I lean my elbows on my knees and run my hands through my hair. I'm fed up. She knows that but she's trying. Hearing his name wherever I go and from whoever I'm talking to is getting annoying.

"Please. I don't know how close you are but this needs to end. This is for your own good. He will harm you." She continues with a shaking voice, really worried and anxious about the situation but I already know these things. "You don't have to worry about him anymore. I handled it. I'm done with him." For now. But I keep that to myself. I wasn't planning on having him back as my enemy but it seems like that's what he wants and we all know he always gets what he wants so no matter how hard I try to keep it on good terms, he will work for the opposite. If he wants war then he'll get it. I will show him how strong I am. I'll fight him until I can't keep going anymore.

Yes. I will also miss him.

I will miss his skin on mine. I will miss our sweat getting mixed up while his hands are all over my body. I will miss listening to his heartbeat after being as close to each other as humans can be. I will miss his hugs and kisses and warmth. He was my first in so many things and he means something to me. He felt like home and it pains me to know that he is so far away from me now.