Chapter 3

Don't forget to start reading my other teacher-student romance book - Milk & Dates !☺️ (it's a mature story appropriate for mature audiences only)
~~
Enjoy.❤️
~~

"Aren't you the waitress from that restaurant who wanted my number the other day?"

Lewa couldn't believe the words spewing out of his mouth. She gritted her teeth and replied, "For a reputable professor such as yourself, I'm surprised by how dense you really are."

Nicklaus narrowed his gaze as his eyes met her own, more intensely this time.

"Excuse me?"

Lewa held her head high. She wouldn't be intimidated or looked down upon by her professor no matter how much his height screamed dominance.

She released the air from her lungs. 

"Yes, I'm the waitress from that restaurant who found your wallet and had the intention of returning it to you. And I'm also one of your students." She said, swallowing a lump down her throat.

Nicklaus scoffed and stared at her. And for the first time since he'd met her, he noticed how big of a difference in height that existed between them. But more than that, the fire in her eyes seemed to be igniting something in him he would rather not dwell on. He took a moment to really study her form. Her black long hair wasn't something he was used to. He'd never met any woman with such hair texture; perhaps only heard about it from his studies, that it was common among people in the continent of Africa.

Her body wasn't ordinary or plain, it seemed. And although Nicklaus had been with quite a number of women, this one seemed somehow untouchable with her curves gracefully surrounding her like a fortitude all the way to her bust that seemed to call his attention every time she inhaled and exhaled.

He spitefully laughed at himself mentally. 

Nicklaus, relax. He told himself.

There would be time to explore. But right now, he had a class to teach. Thankfully, the school had a ten minute window where professors were allowed to be a little late and students could leave after ten minutes without incurring a penalty if he didn't show up. But that wasn't Nicklaus. He would show up. Organic Chemistry was like another drug to him, aside from the obvious one.

He met her gaze again and could see in her eyes that she wasn't going to back down easily.

"Well, I hope you are ready for the workload in my class this semester. I don't tolerate any slackness -"

He stopped when he realized he didn't even know her name.

Of course he'd gone through the list of students he would be teaching this semester; but he hated the fact that the class module didn't put up the student's photo alongside their names for recognition.

He would have to manually call out each student's name to mark the attendance for this first day - something he loathed.

And no matter how many times he'd suggested the alternative, it would seem like each suggestion got lost in the suggestion box or something.

Nicklaus released a sigh.

And without another word, motioned with his hand for her to get in the classroom.

Lewa swallowed another lump and turned around towards the classroom. When she was gone, Nicklaus released the air he didn't realize he'd been holding.

~~

Awẹ́lẹ́wà Ade.

The name felt different in his mind, and even more so coming out of his lips when he'd called out the name during attendance time in class this morning.