Chapter 5

"Look who just walked in."

As soon as Gina said that, Lewa found herself glancing in the direction of the door. The moment she saw Dr. Clark, she mentally hated the way her heart jumped a little at the sight of him. She'd tried to forget what happened between them yesterday and how his words had made her anger for him flare even more. If she'd not left his presence yesterday, she was sure a slap would have landed on his face.

And Lewa couldn't risk getting suspended or worse, expelled, because of some professor who thought the world revolved around him.

She took a deep breath as he approached the counter with a woman Lewa hadn't seen before.

She watched as Gina put up that fake smile of hers. Lewa wanted to laugh. Gina was not exactly like her; in fact, she thought Gina was a worse unmade version of her.

"Welcome to Paco Restaurant and Bar, sir -'' Gina greeted before meeting the woman's gaze briefly who was standing next to Dr. Clark. "- and madam." She added.

Then she straightened. "What can I get for you?"

At that point, Lewa continued to get busy with helping the chefs behind the counter, going between the back of the house and the front of the house to assist whoever needed help.

Dr. Clark cleared his throat the moment he caught sight of Lewa again before she disappeared into what he assumed would be the kitchen.

He met Gina's gaze again and flashed her a smile.

Gina managed her fake smile and Nicole looked like she was ready to faint.

After Dr. Clark gave his order, the woman did the same. And Gina signaled for another coworker who was assisting Nicole with arranging some napkins to come help Dr. Clark and the woman to their table.

As soon as Dr. Clark and the woman were seated, Nicole walked over to where Gina was and released a deep sigh, her hand on her chest.

Gina grimaced.

And Nicole shook her head. "You don't understand, Gina. Did Lewa tell you about what happened in class yesterday?" Nicole asked, still looking dreamily at their customer's table.

"Yes, she did. What's new?"

The moment Gina said that, Nicole immediately turned to face her and was speechless.

"Um, I wanted to tell you, if she didn't. It was hot."

Gina rolled her eyes. "I'm sure it was." She then busied herself with the cash register, eliciting a scoff from Nicole.

At that moment, Lewa came out of the kitchen.

And Nicole turned to her. "Dr. Clark can't seem to take his eyes off of you."

Lewa shook her head. "I don't care, Nicole. Please where are the new sets of cutleries Robert ordered a few days ago?" She asked, getting ready to return to the kitchen.

But Nicole wasn't done. "Come on, don't tell me you don't find that man attractive, Lewa. Honestly."

Lewa was getting annoyed. "No, I don't find it attractive that he shows up with a different woman all the time who doesn't seem to have a little self-respect for herself. So no, I don't find any attractions there. Where are the cups, Nicole?"

Nicole almost jumped up where she stood and pointed to the shelf at the front corner next to the door of the kitchen.

"Thank you." Lewa said before glancing at Gina who looked like she was stifling a laugh. Lewa shook her head and rolled her eyes before returning to the back of the house.