Epilogue

Maxon is smiling ear to ear as he walks slowly towards his six months old  pregnant wife’s direction. He is holding a bouquet of red roses because it’s their second wedding anniversary today and red roses are Adira’s favorite. He still can’t believe that he and Adira would end up together as husband and wife after all the obstacles they’ve been through. 

Akala niya ay sa panaginip at imahinasyon niya lamang iyon mangyayari especially when he almost lost Adira when she got a surgery—but guess what? They’re now having a baby. And it’s a baby boy that they named—Maximus Aidron Ruscitti. And he’s hoping that their little boy will inherit his mother’s face and attitude, not his because he knows that he is a big pain in the ass and his father will surely agree on his statement. 

“Hey there my beautiful sugar,” bati niya sa kaniyang asawang si Adira at marahang hinagkan ang nakaawang nitong labi. 

The lips that he wanted from the start up until today. The lips and the woman he desired since the beginning. The only woman that can make him sane and insane at the same time. 

“Hi coffee,” ani Adira habang nakangiti ng malapad at siya’y napatawa nang malakas ng maalala ang sinabi nito tungkol sa kaniyang endearment. 

“From now on, I’m going to call you coffee,” ani Adira dahilan para siya ay mapahinto sa kaniyang ginagawa. 

Kunot noo niya itong tiningnan at sinabing, “What’s with coffee? There are so many endearments that can suit me, sugar. Why coffee?” 

Adira crosses her arms and stares at him with a deadly glare on the eyes and said, “Because sugar and coffee are perfectly fit to each other. And besides you have a strong personality as a coffee and so as your friend down there.”

Amusement danced in his blue orbs because of what Adira said. Damn. Adira really got him good. 

“Why are you laughing hmm?” Adira asked curiously that made me stop.

I cleared my throat and handed her the bouquet of flowers and said, “Nothing sugar. I just remembered something memorable.”

“Ah…okay,” Adira said while eyeing him suspiciously.

Napailing na lamang siya habang nakangiti ng dahil sa pagdududa ng kaniyang asawa. Marahan niya itong inalalayan papaupo sa kama ng kanilang tinutuloyang hotel at masuyo niya itong hinagkan sa noo. They are in Paris, France for almost a week because they decided to celebrate their anniversary here.

Actually, dapat ay nasa Japan sila with his Dad but since his wife wanted it here—he followed what his wife wanted and ordered.  Call him under the saya but he doesn't care especially when it comes to his wife. He is willing to do anything for her as long as he can.

“Ano nga kasi? Sabihin mo na,” pamimilit sa kaniya ni Adira na ngayon ay nakanguso na.

Natatawang pinisil niya namana ng magkabilaang pisngi nito at sinabing, “It’s nothing sugar. Stop thinking about it and just enjoy my company.”

Adira sneered because of what he said, making him gasp in disbelief. His sugar do loves annoying him to the point that he walked out but eventually he came back because he misses her. Adira becomes irrational, emotional, bully and demanding at iyon ay dala ng pagbubuntis nito at siya’y nagsisisi no’ng hindi siya nakinig sa mga hinabilin ni Carol ng dahil sa labis niyang kasiyahan.

“Is it a woman?”Adira said with teary eyes.

Nagpakawala na lamang siya ng isang malalim na hininga at napasabunot ng sariling buhok ng nagsimula na naman ang kaniyang magandang asawa. 

“It’s not sugar!” singhal niya out of frustration na pinagsisihan niya rin agad dahil mas lalo lamang itong humikbi.

“B-bakit ka sumisigaw? N-nagtatanong lang naman a-ako…” ani Adira habang humihikbi.