3.2

Written: 11/6/22
Word Count: 2,703

He stared at me with that heavy-lidded eye uncovered by his headband just daring me to say something else that was more obvious than words

I nodded as if that made sense, trying to burn the image of Kakashi Hatake bottle-feeding two miniscule kittens from my brain.

Petering uselessly in the doorway, I glanced around me. Part of me wondered if this was all some elaborate game in front of a camera crew. This Kakashi cosplayer could have been, like, the best one in the world.

I shook my head, sliding my purse from across my shoulder, already heading toward my room. My feet followed my familiar after-work routine, my body already tired of wearing my work uniform. It was funny that I could spend hours before work in my Meijer attire, yet when I came home, I couldn't wait to peel the polo over my head and be done with it for the rest of the night.

And besides, I rolled my eyes at myself, could I think of a more overused shock reaction than questioning if I was being punk'd by a hidden camera crew?

Closing my room's door behind me, I stared across my carefully-maintained bedroom and all the dust sitting on top of that perfection.

I'd forgotten about Kakashi being in my home.

How long had it been since I'd returned from a long day out in the real world and seen a friendly face waiting for me?

Had it been my parents, before I'd moved to campus? Had it been my sister, before she'd left me for Baby Daddy?

Doing some mental calculations, I realized it had only been two years since I had begun living on my own. It had been six years since I'd last lived with my parents.

I was about to pull on my usual pajamas but hesitated at the last second.

Kakashi had disappeared soon after the sun had sunk below the horizon, bleaching the sky in purples and pinks for about an hour before softly falling into blue-hued dreams.

He hadn't even been around while I'd tidied up the room beside mine, stuck in a little alcove past the kitchen, right before the tiny bathroom.

The tiny bathroom which had been scrubbed harder than it had ever been scrubbed, also while the silver-haired ninja had been absent.

What should I wear?

What would look comfortable enough to sleep in, yet classy enough to be seen by someone like Kakashi?

The idea of wearing a bra for a second longer than I had to filled me with dread. My entire being protesting every inch, I searched through my dresser drawers to find the loosest bralette I had that would also give me nip coverage.

I sighed as I pulled it over my head, already feeling self-conscious that the shape of my boobs could be seen despite the flimsy layer.

How horrible. Boobs showing their natural shape.