Chapter 1 - The Make Or Break

Y/n knocked on the door. After a few seconds, the unmistakable figure of Evelynn opened the door. She was wearing her public attire, which wasn't much clothing all things considered. He assumed it was mainly an excuse to wear the heels to have the inch over him. A small smile crossed her face as her eyes traced his frame.

Evelynn: "Not a second early or late. I woman can appreciate a man who knows when to come."

Y/n chuckled at the joke. One she indulged with a sultry laugh of her own.

Y/n: "You know what they say, timing is everything. May I come in?"

She bares her fangs in a predatory smile at Y/n's implication. Niner was right, she could be dangerous.

Evelynn: "Oh I like you. Kai'sa is finishing dinner, join us at the table after you set your stuff down."

Y/n set his stuff at the door and stepped into the main room from the foyer.

(I'm shit at describing rooms so here's the floor plan)

When he entered the family room, his vision was enraptured by a bird's eye view of Night City

When he entered the family room, his vision was enraptured by a bird's eye view of Night City. above the smog and crime, with nothing but the city lights. He placed a hand on the couch. in front of him. It was leather. Not synthetic plastic leather, but genuine animal hide. Everything in the room was real. from the polished wood floors, to the furniture, to the fur rug in the living room.

Y/n: "I'd go bankrupt if I rented this for more than a minute."

???: "Good thing you'll pay rent in other ways."

Unlike Evelynn, Akali was dressed in a simple tracksuit, white tee, and matching black and white sweatpants

Unlike Evelynn, Akali was dressed in a simple tracksuit, white tee, and matching black and white sweatpants. something a normal person at home would wear.

Y/n: "Hey there... Akali, right? Niner is a fan of your work."

Akali smirks. "What about you? you'll be working for us, what's your angle on our group?"

Y/n: "I'll admit when a group has something special. But I'm more of an electro-swing guy myself."

Akali: "Not a bad thing to like. I can appreciate the honesty... Saw your work on the news. That bike will be missed."