Chapter 6

A/N: TW - Lots of angst, depression, mentions of vaping, and severe separation anxiety.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I shrieked. The other boy went limp in Ian's arms as he looked back up at me wide eyed. I could feel the tears welling in my eyes. Why did it hurt so much? Ian and I weren't dating! 

Still, we kissed so passionately I saw the illusion there was something...

"Nathan, I swear there's a perfect explanation for all of this!" The boy dropped to the floor when Ian had lift his arms from him. I found this odd, but my feelings clouded my judgment at the moment. 

"Are you kidding me right now!? You're kissing a boy in our dorm room!" I screeched, still trying to hide the tears that threatened to fall.

"Kissing?" Ian questioned. He had the nerve to feel confused?

The panic was welling inside me, I could feel my lungs begin to collapse. "Why did you kiss me if you were just going to fuck a different boy the next day?!" I cried out, my voice raspy from the crying and shouting.

"Nathan..." Ian started to calmly walk up to me. I wanted to bolt out the door but my feet wouldn't let me.

"I wasn't kissing him."

So now he thinks I'm an idiot? 

I glared at him. "Then what were you doing?"

"I can't tell you."

"I don't believe you."

"I'll show you," Ian's eyes flashed a dark red, just like I had imagined before, but now the color wouldn't go away. Panic swelled inside me, red flags went off in my head like crazy. I pushed him, if it weren't for my adrenaline it wouldn't have done any good.

He bit down on my neck, penetrating the sensitive skin with his sharp teeth. I cried out, this was painful. 

I could feel two holes burning my neck, I pushed him off in a desperate attempt to make it stop. I clasped my hand against my neck, when I went to look at it, blood was smothered everywhere.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I cried, not bothering to hide the tears. Screw my vow this bitch tried to kill me!

"Nathan, I can't control it!" He shot back. He did not have the right to be angry with me.

"Can't control what?! What kind of monster are you!?" I spat, grasping onto the doorknob. 

He lunged at me, and that's when I ran for the door. Kenny! I remembered. He's been friends with Ian for years! He'll know what to do.

"Kenny!" I shouted to get his attention, he was talking to the same person that spoke with him that one time in the cafeteria. The guy left when I had approached Kenny and immediately I explained the situation.

"Ian's gone crazy! He's trying to bite my neck and it hurts and- look its bleeding!"

Kenny laughed. "Ian could never really control his bloodlust."

"What about this is funny?!"

"We're vampires," Kenny explained so nonchalantly it pissed me off, my adrenaline came rushing back and I punched his sorry face. 

"Ow! What was that for?" Kenny pouted and complained.

I ran off without an answer, maybe the headmistress would have something to say about this! Sure she probably won't believe me, but these holes in my neck are proof enough that Ian is harming me. I'll be able to switch schools and get the hell out of here.