Chapter 4: The Scrapbook

Patrick Pines was now 20 years old and was sitting on a sofa near the fire pit of his parent's house. The fire was burning brightly, making the room a nice and comfortable warm temperature. He was visiting his parents after finishing his spring semester, something he always did before he traveled all the way back to Gravity Falls for the Summer. And he wasn't alone when he came to visit. Wendy, his long-time girlfriend, came with him. Being accepted into the same university, they lived together in the same dorm as if they were a married couple.

At that moment, she was taking a shower. At first, Patrick was worried about Wendy staying with him, but his parents and little sister adored the lumberjack girl, so they didn't mind her sleeping over.

He was tempted to sneak upstairs to join his lover for some sexy shower time when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. It was his little sister, Sally Pines, who was no more than 4 years old. She walked into the living room in her pajamas. She saw her big brother smiling as he looked over a scrapbook.

"Big brother?" She asked, walking into the room.

Patrick looked up and smiled seeing his little sister. "Oh, yeah, Sally. What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I was wondering what you were doing," she said, walking over to the chair. Seeing this, Patrick closed the book and stood up. He helped her get on the chair and sat her down.

"I was just looking over some photos I had taken over the years," he said, placing the scrapbook on her lap and opening it. "There's a lot of good memories from the summer you were born. Other than seeing you, of course." Sally giggled at that. He turned the page to show pictures of when he and the twins battled Jeff and his gnomes after he tried to kidnap Mabel and tried making her his bride. "That was when we battled an army of gnomes."

"Cool!" Sally said with a big smile. She turned the page and gushed when she saw a photo of Mabel looking at a cute baby cow. "Aaaaw, she's cute!"

"That was when we shoved the mystery of Gravity Falls' town founder," Patrick said. Sally turned the page, and the young man laughed when he saw the next series of photos. "Oh, that's when we won that dog sled race against that space lizard!"

"Why did you do that?" She asked.

"Eh...you'd have to be there to understand," Patrick stated, shaking his head.

Sally turned the page and was confused by what she saw. "Uh, Patrick, what's this?" She asked, pointing to one of the photos.

Patrick leaned in to see what she was talking about and was a little surprised. "I haven't told you about when we went to the petting zoo?" When Sally shook her head, Patrick smiled and decided to go ahead and fix that. "Well, it all began one fateful day..."

On that fateful Summer day, Patrick was with his girlfriend, Wendy, and the rest of his family in Gravity Falls, along with Soos. Stan said it was to see a new attraction and to support his neighbor. However, Patrick and Veronica knew that had to be a lie. He was likely scoping out the competition to see if he could sabotage Farmer Sprott. Holding Wendy's hand in one hand, he held a camera in the other and took pictures of every animal they passed.

Wearing an odd sweater with a piece of sushi on it, Mabel pointed at every animal. "I'm gonna pet you, I'm gonna pet you, wow! You better believe I'm gonna pet you!" She said to a baby goat, a duck, and a lamb.

But as Patrick turned his camera to capture a picture of the next animal, he stopped and did a double take. He blinked before lowering his camera down to see what it was for himself. Sure enough, standing in a wooden pin was a seemingly non-exceptional white cow, with large brown eyes and long eyelashes, and two stubby horns. She also had a large pink udder.