Chapter 2

It took five months for them to notice something was wrong. Kushina had been going through a family album after Menma and Miko left for their first day of the academy when they came across a picture of newborn Naruto. It took her several minutes to remember who the single baby was.

It didn't hit her then someone was wrong. Instead she coed at the picture and moved on to the next picture. For the first year of her life there were plenty pictures of Naruto. After that the pictures dwindled and the last picture of her was at the age of 4. Kushina frowned at this and wondered why their were no more pictures of Naruto. 'She's only a year younger then her brothers. She's 11 or 12, right? So she should have a lot more pictures. Maybe she knows.', Kushina thought to herself.

Kushina then decided to go find Naruto's room but couldn't remember do she wandered the house until she found a dusty pink bedroom. That freaked the redheaded woman out. She tried to remember the last time she'd spent with her daughter but couldn't.

Panicking Kushina called out, "Anbu." Three figures appeared in the room wearing animal masks. They didn't get to say anything before she ordering them. "Find my daughter, Naruto.", she said. The anbu saluted her and rushed off.

First they checked the clan compounds. Then parks, shops, and restaurants.  Then they recruited more anbu and join in and scoured civilian homes and the forest of death. Then a couple of them thought to look at the gate. They informed by a chunin their that young girl had left months before. "Shit. One of us has gotta tell the Hokage and lady Kushina.", a anbu said. Then they all looked at Inu.

Kushina was a wreck. She'd gone to Minato's office to tell him what she discovered. Minato tried to calm her and said Naruto was probably at friend's house. She'd started to calm down then the Anbu arrived with Inu at the front and center. "Hokage-sama. Kushina-sama. I learned from a chunin at the gate that Naruto left the village months ago.", he said and all hell broke loose.

Meanwhile Naruto was just finishing a rogue amigakure chunin and took his head. This was her 15th kill as a mercenary but 25th job as one. She'd defeated 3 low level jounin as well. She was flourishing but still growing. She couldn't be happier about it, although now she felt a chill role up her spine. She tried to ignore it but couldn't she found. Then she thought about Konoha and wondered if they noticed her missing yet. She shook her head and thought, 'Probably not.'

However back in the Hokage's Kushina demanded they tracked Naruto and bring her back. When her husband told her they couldn't because Naruto left legally she punched him causing her to get held down by the anbu and have anti-chakra cuffs placed on her. Minato rationalized she was upset but would come around. 'I'm sorry Kushina but she left of her own accord and we need to focus on the boys. Besides Naruto will get bored or scared and come back eventually.', he thought to himself.

The news spread like wild fire that she was gone. Some celebrated and others were saddened and worried by the news. When it reached the academy nobody was either of the two, just surprised. None of the kids had known that Menma and Miko had a sister, the boys themselves had even forgotten.

Menma, a dyed blacked haired boy, wondered when she'd be back since she'd clearly couldn't survive on her own with no chakra or training. Menma was just like his father except cockier. He even looked exactly like him with black, naturally red, hair, whisker like marks on both cheeks, and his mother's grey eyes. Miko was his opposite.

Miko had red hair with blue eyes. Their whisker marks being the only thing in common. He was shocked Naruto had the guts to do it. He himself wanted to run away many times but could never work the courage. He felt jealous of the blur of a blonde girl he could barely remember.