Chapter 3

Naruto was now 17 years old and as powerful and skilled as a kage. She'd made it even into the bingo book despite not being a ninja. They called her Chakraless Mercenary, Naruto loved it so much that she went buy it for jobs now. She had a bounty on her head from Iwagakure for 1500000000 ryo.

She found herself a little apartment near Suna to call her home but frequently left it for long periods of time for jobs. She had friend named Kana who handled job requests for her and watched over her place when she was out. Kana was currently banging on the door of Naruto's apartment.

Naruto quickly opened the door after realizing it was someone friendly. "Hi, Kana. What's up?", She said after letting the older woman in. "I've got a urgent request from wave for you, doll baby.", the woman said and sat on Naruto's couch. Naruto sat across from her in a chair.

"I'm listening.", the blonde teenager said. Kana took out a piece of paper and began reading it. "Dear, Chakraless Mercenary our island nation, Wave, is being held captive by Gato. He keeps attacking us, stealing our food, money, weapons, and anything value. He has even put people to death, including my own husband. He keeps anything of value in a giant safe. We are currently trying to build a important bridge to the mainland that would end his tyranny. However he has mercenaries and rogue ninja. If you help us you can have a 1/8 of whatever is in the vault everyone has agreed. Signed, Tsunami.", Kana read.

Naruto thought for a minute and then said, "I'd better get started on packing. Wave is long way from here." Kana nodded and they set about packing for Naruto.  After an hour they were done and Kana and Naruto said their farewells.

It took Naruto a week to reach Wave going at jounin speed. When she got their she had to swim across to the actual island. She easily slipped past the compound Gato resided in and went to there first house still soaking
wet. She asked for Tsunami's house and was pointed towards a house not far away. Before going there Naruto decided to change into something more presentable given the looks she got.

So she scurried off into the woods and quickly changed from orange dress into a short white and pink kimono with a red and orange obi band, a black under shirt and shorts, and white gold and red covered armed gloves. She strapped her swords to her back and walked to the house and knocked. A blue haired woman opened the door. "Hello. Can I help you?", Tsunami said. "I should be asking you that since you sent me a letter pleading for help to save your nation from Gato.", Naruto said.

The woman blinked at her and said, "Your the Chakraless Mercenary?! Your so tiny and young." Naruto tilted her head to the side and nodded. Naruto smiled as the woman stepped to the side to let her in. "Now tell me all you know about Gato and minions.", Naruto said.

Meanwhile Konoha two teams of genin bugged Hokage for a C ranked mission. "Dad, both our teams have completed the requirements for a c rank mission. D ranks are boring. Give us a c rank.", Menma said and Minato to felt his resolve snap. "Fine you'll escort a bridge builder back to his country and protect him he is done with his bridge.", he said. The genin cheered and Kushina and Kakashi groaned in annoyance.

Naruto felt a shiver run down her back as Tsunami finished talking. "Are you cold?", the blue haired woman asked the blonde girl before her. "A little but it's fine. I will start staking out the compound now.", Naruto said and left the house.