Chapter 4

Naruto sat in a tree observing Gato's mercenaries and rogue ninja with binoculars. She'd spent the past 2 days observing them and realized most were just common thugs, no real threat except for Zabusa and his apprentice, Haku. Which she was shocked about considering since their side won the war they were no longer missing nin.

Naruto had left a copy of a news paper about the end of the war in the village hidden in mist in front of their hide out the first day and had not seen them since. They stayed in their hideout avoiding Gato and his mercenaries but did not leave either. This puzzled her but did not scare her.

Naruto watched half the thugs leave and head towards town and decided now was the time to strike. She unsheathed her swords and dropped down from the tree, ran to compound,  and started killing mercenaries left and right. A couple got in some kicks and even a few slashes and cuts but nothing major. Eventually she made her way inside the compound and cutting them down in their too. Soon her found Gato's office and ripped the door off its hinges. Gato had guards inside but they were quickly taken care of. Naruto looked Gato and grinned maniacally. Gato opened his mouth to either scream or say something but didn't get the chance as Naruto sliced off his head.

Naruto walked back to town with Gato's head on one of her swords. As soon as the thugs saw her covered in blood carrying the head of Gato they stopped destroying the town. "Now we won't get paid you stupid bitch.", one of them yelled and another brutal massacre took place at the hands of Naruto. After she was done she went up to Tsunami's house and politely knocked. She then yelled, "Tsunami it's the mercenary you hired. It's okay to come out now. I killed Gato and his mercenaries."

Tsunami opened the door a bit, saw it was really Naruto, and opened the door fully. Naruto moved to the side and showed her the carnage. Tsunami went a little green at first but then she grabbed Naruto, hugged to her chest, and wept in joy.

Slowly all the other villagers opened doors and windows and peered at. They saw the mess of bodies and looked Tsunami hugging the girl covered in blood with wicked looking swords. Then they began to cheer. Tsunami let go of the girl and gave her a kiss on cheek despite the blood.

Naruto smiled and they all celebrated into the evening. Tsunami invited Naruto to spend the night which the blonde happily accepted. She got up and dressed early the next morning in red flower patterned kimono with black shorts underneath. She slipped out of the house and jogged Zabusa and Haku's hideout just in time to see them slip out with their things on their backs. She followed until they left the island.

Naruto went back to the house. She sat on the couch till Tsunami and her son, Inari, both woke up. Tsunami invited her for breakfast. They ate and talked until there was a knock at the door and an elderly man opened it. "Honey, we're saved. I got some ninja from Konoha to come.", he exclaimed. Naruto calmly sipped her tea but Tsunami looked at him, said, "Gato's already dead. She killed him and his mercenaries yesterday. She saved us.", and gestured to Naruto.

The old man looked at his daughter dumb founded, turned to Naruto, and gawked. Then he smiled and opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by whining from behind him. "So we came here for nothing.", a shrill female voice said. "Oh shut up, Sakura. You aren't prepared to deal with with some actually aiming to kill you any way.", an older female voice that Naruto recognized said. Naruto looked blankly at the door, stood up, and exited the room to get her things.