Chapter III - Lewyn

Trouble On The Stepstones

They had not been at sea for long when Lewyn remembered that although he loved travelling around the world, he hated the actual act of travelling. He found that he felt suffocated being stuck in a confined space for extended periods of time. He especially hated sailing and hated it with a passion.

That was why, on his insistence, they had stopped off in the Stepstones on their way to Pentos. They stood on a dock upon one of the smaller islands in that belt. Torturer's Deep was its name if Lewyn remembered correctly.

Edric walked towards him, taking the Prince's focus away from his musings. His attention was now directed at his cousin, who walked toward him, hand clasped around the hilt of his sword. Lewyn eyed it warily, feeling the weight of the long dagger at his back, hidden beneath his robe. The Stepstones were notoriously infested with pirates and brigands. It was not a foolish measure to remain armed during whatever short stay one made to the island belt.

"The crew have found a small tavern up ahead. Looks good enough." Edric announced. Lewyn nodded. They didn't have much time, seeing as the sooner they made the proposal, the sooner he could return home.

"We'll go there," Lewyn said. "Eat, drink, rest. Then, we keep going."

Edric nodded, his blue eyes holding nothing but mischief as he regarded his best friend. "Hmm. I've heard that the tavern has some pleasurable company."

"I'm afraid we have no time for that." The Prince replied. Edric almost gasped in surprise. It wasn't like Lewyn to turn down a whore. "We shall have a hot meal and drinks, and then conclude some short business. After this, we will move on. The faster we get to Daenerys, the better."

Edric let out a defeated sigh, nodding in agreement. The blond moodily led Lewyn to the tavern. As they entered, the Martell Prince's eyes looked around, scoping it out. There were a few tables scattered around, mostly made up of his crew. In the corner sat a hooded figure, a small glass in his hand, and a pitcher set in front of him. Lewyn narrowed his eyes. That one was one to watch out for, Lewyn could feel it in his bones. And yet, his thoughts were taken from him as Edric urged him to sit. Maester Myles joined them, and the Dayne knight ordered a round of ale for the trio.

"So, what should be our course of action?" Lewyn asked as their drinks arrived, carried by a certainly well-endowed barmaid. The prince noticed Edric's eyes straying to her rear as she walked away. Some people couldn't be helped.

"We sail to Qarth, and you propose to the Dragon Queen," Edric said, as though it was the most simple thing in the world. "She either accepts or she doesn't."

"Perhaps a more tempting way may fare better." Maester Myles suggested. At least someone understood that they were about to broker an alliance that could change the fate of Westeros. "Bring more to the table than just marriage."

"Nonsense." Edric snorted, a playful smile on his lips. Clearly, his cousin found the whole ordeal hilarious. "Lewyn's magic cock is enough for any man or woman, Queen or not."

"While that is true, Ned, I believe Maester Myles may have a fair point. What should I tempt her with?"

Edric scoffed, shaking his head. "Easy. She'll need an army to take Westeros. Give her one, and she'll fall at your feet."

Lewyn nodded, considering the options laid out before him. He sipped at his drink, thinking it through. His mind was already whirring, running through the list of armies he could offer.

"If I may, Your Highness," Maester Myles began, interrupting Lewyn's reverie. "It is all well and good giving her an army, but Daenerys will need ships to get to Westeros."