1. Kisses and Last Breaths

To be read along with The Heir // Viserys // Daemon

+

It was a loud and deafening experience for everyone.

"You are doing so great". Baelon assured kissing Alyssas head.

"Something doesnt feel right." She whimpered out.

"What? What is it? Whats wrong?" Baelon asked. Baelon and Alyssa had been inseparable when they were younger. Alyssa followed her big brother around like a lost dragon looking for a companion. When she was set to marry she refused and declared that she was going to marry Baelon. Their father had laughed out joyously.

She told him no one else would do. Baelon agreed. Alyssa was the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

Viserys was ten and six and Daemon six when alyssa went into her labors for their third baby. Baelon knew that this one was going to be perfect as well.

"Baelon." Alyssa whimpered. "Somethings not..."

"Alyssa!"

Viserys paced in the hall. Daemon at 6 was bored of waiting for his new sibling to be born.  He groaned out stomping down the hall.

"Im picking a different egg." Daemon declared.

"Daemon!"

"Im picking a different egg. This is taking too long and maybe its the egg." Daemon offered.

"Its not the egg. You took forever to come and I wish most days you stayed inside mother." Viserys mused.

"Mother doesnt. I competed in a tourney and won. She says im going places. That I could rule the world!" Daemon declared.

"You are definitely mother's favorite." Viserys agreed.

"Alyssa!"

A babys cries echoed through dragonstone as Alyssa bled out.

Losing your wife. Losing your sister. Losing your other half. Baelon stared down at Alyssa. She couldnt be gone. She couldnt be gone. It was like half of his heart was gone as well.

Viserys heard the cries and poked his head in. Then he saw his father sobbing. He bloodied himself as he clung to alyssas lifeless body. Viserys lip quivered as he forced his gaze to the baby.

"A girl." The wet nurse remarked when she saw Viserys. "A little princess"

"Father?"

But Baelon was inconsolable. Daemon peered in.

"Well?" Daemon asked.

"A sister." Viserys whispered taking her from the wet nurse.

"Mother?" Daemon asked moving closer his feet sluggish on the floor as he saw the blood. "Mother!"

Avalon.

Avalon is a paradise.

Avalon is a sanctuary.

Avalon is a place of magic.

Avalon is where King Arthur's sword Excalibur was made and later where Arthur was taken to recover from being gravely wounded in battle.

"Avalon." Baelon declared. Avalon stared up at them her cries silenced as she stared up at her big brother.

Avalon was born.

Alyssa breathed her last.

What should have been a happy day was filled with pain and sadness but looking into little Avalon's eyes she seemed to understand.

"Avalon." Viserys agreed. "Mother would have liked that."

👑