17. Wild

Aemma got pregnant quickly and Avalon was confused. She came up to daemon and whispered in his ear. 

"Is that what happens when you get married?" Avalon asked. 

"What?" Daemon countered. 

"You get really fat." Avalon clarified and Daemon stared down at her before looking to Aemma and laughing out, a cackle that echoed. "What? What's so funny? I dont want to ever marry if I'm going to turn into a melon." Avalon informed him confidently.

"I thought boys were icky." Daemon countered. 

"they are." Avalon agreed. "But one day they might not be." 

"They might not be." Daemon agreed nodding along. "VISERYS!" Daemon shouted out. 

"No, don't tell him. I dont want him to feel bad that he did that to Aemma." Avalon demanded. 

"Viserys, Avalon has something to say about your bride." Daemon went on. Avalon pursed her lips looking between her brothers. 

"What's wrong Avalon?" Viserys asked running a hand through her hair. 

"Well, I was just thinking, as I do..." Avalon remarked and she snapped her fingers twice at Daemon. 

"Are you telling me to shut up?" Daemon mused still laughing. 

"I still don't understand your mind reading game." Viserys remarked. 

"Snaps." Avalon corrected. 

"Avalon said you made your wife fat." Daemon declared and viserys chuckled. 

"I didnt say that." Avalon countered. "I said... I said... okay maybe I did." Avalon admitted softly. 

"Avalon love she is pregnant." Viserys corrected. Avalon stared back at him. She had grown up with her brothers, not many women, certainly none that were pregnant. She didnt understand what that had to do with the mound coming out of Aemma's stomach. 

"Avalon, Sweetie, Aemma is growing a child inside of her." Visers remarked. "That isnt fat it is a child." 

"Oh..." Avalon looked to Daemon again. "How did you put the baby in her?" Avalon countered. 

"Yes Viserys do tell our baby sister how that works." Daemon agreed. Viserys stared down at Avalon as she waited patiently. 

"A lot of kissing." Viserys offered. 

"Ick." Avalon said satisfied with that answer and Viserys sighed gratefully. 

"Hey, where is my kiss?" Daemon countered and Avalon kissed his cheek then Viserys. 

"I'm going to play with Mouse-" she stopped short though. "I kiss mouse a lot." Avalon informed him and put a hand on her stomach. "I'm not-"

"No. NO. No." Viserys agreed. "that's not... it's more... there is more to it than... you and Mouse are fine." Viserys remarked. Avalon stared back at him. 

"But you just said-" Avalon countered confused. 

"Its... older you need to be older and not with dragons. You can kiss mouse and Daemon and I and you were fine." Viserys remarked. "No one else." 

"What about the other dragons? What about the horses? What about-"

"You can give the animals kisses but no kissing boys, human boys." Viserys declared. 

"Boys are still icky." Avalon assured as she headed off. 

"What happens when that statement becomes I want that boys cock ins-"

"DAEMON!" Viserys shouted covering his own ears. "Don't talk like that. Avalon is young."

"She is going to be a heartthrob." Daemon countered. "All the knights are going to be tripping over air to get to our Avalon."

"Like she said, boys are icky." Viserys reminded him. 

"What are we going to do when she doesnt think boys are icky?" Daemon retorted. 

"Stop, boys will always be icky and Avalon will always be my little Avalon." Viserys declared. 

+

When Aemma gave birth Avalon was confident she never wanted to get married or kiss a boy because Aemma screamed endlessly. 

Avalon brought her book into the caves with Mouse and Caraxes to read by the firelight, it was the only place she could find some peace and quiet. 

But then Rhaenyra was born and she shouted and cried and Avalon was very confused. 

"Are all babies like this?" Avalon asked covering her ears with her hands. 

"You were perfect. Daemon was a terror." Viserys informed her. 

"Why is she so mad?" Avalon asked. 

"She's not mad love, well... I don't think so." Viserys remarked. "She can't talk yet and you see crying is how she lets us know that she wants something."

"What does she want? How do you know? I couldnt snap when I was that little." Avalon remarked. "So she cant play Daemon and my game." 

"We just have to figure it out." Viserys corrected. 

"That seems hard." Avalon declared. 

"It can be, but we have help and I hope you will be a helper too." Viserys offered. 

"Maybe when she is bigger she can ride with me." Avalon declared. "Oh, I can take her to see Mouse so she's not scared like Aemma was." Avalon offered. 

"Maybe when shes a bit bigger before she meets mouse." Viserys corrected grabbing Avalon's hand to keep her from running down the hall to get Mouse. 

"Just a little bit bigger?" Avalon countered. 

"Do you want to hold her?" 

"Did her egg hatch?" Avalon offered instead. "I would love another baby dragon." 

"No, not yet. You picked a nice one though." Viserys remarked. 

"Daemon helped me, we spent forever down there." Avalon remarked. "I asked Mouse to give me an egg but Daemon said boys dont do that." 

"That's right." Viserys agreed as they walked her hand in his. 

"WHy not? Mouse would make really cute babies." Avalon remarked. "I need to find him a girl dragon to kiss." 

"Perhaps." Viserys agreed with a chuckle. 

"Silverwing, she is on dragonstone. Daemon and I are going to go on a dragon hunt!" Avalon exclaimed jumping up and down but Viserys was already shaking his head. 

"No, no, no my love." Viserys begged dropping down a knee in front of her. 

"Yes, yes, Daemon promised." Avalon corrected. 

"The wild dragons are wild for a reason my love." Viserys reminded her. "Wild dragons are dangerous.  I don't want you looking for them. You understand me. I don't want you to get hurt." Avalon stared back at him a long moment before bringing her little hand to his cheek. 

"I understand, I wont go looking for dragons.... but if they come looking for me, thats a completely different story."

"Avalon!" 

"I am agreeing with you."