74. Reborn

"I think Aegon wants to go for a ride." Alicent remarked. "Ser Criston and Ser Harwin are getting the boat... is that okay?"

"Of course." Avalon agreed scooping Aemond up, he was babbling away. "Can mama come with?" Aemond nodded happily. Avalon put a hat on Aemonds head to block the sun and it got thrown off immediately. Strapped Aemond to her chest and they headed out.

"Ahoy!" Harwin declared. "Are ye ladies ready for a day of fun?" Aemond laughed out, clapping his hands excitedly.

"That was great, I loved that." Avalon declared. Alicent smiled back at Criston and Harwin as she grabbed Aegon's hand. "Rhaenyra, are you coming?" Avalon questioned. Alicent looked to Rhaenyra and she hesitated. "The correct answer is yes you are." Avalon answered for her. Although Rhaenyra didnt hate ALicent, they still werent on good terms. 

"I'm coming." Rhaenyra agreed. 

"Ali, look!" ALyssa declared as Criston offered them a hand into the boat. "Fish!" 

"I see." Alicent agreed peering over. 

"Keep a tight hold on Alyssa, she has a tendency to jump right in and she cant swim yet." Avalon warned and Alicent picked her up holding ALyssa tightly in her lap. "Aegon, can you sit by me handsome?" Aegon ran to her side taking a seat. Aemond was strapped to her chest and looking around at them happily. Rhaenyra chose the back of the boat by harwin and Criston took his place at the front near Avalon and her boys.

"Fish, fish, fish," Alyssa remarked with every passing fishy. 

"Alright when I was out last night I saw-" Criston began as he searched the waters. "-stingrays." Avalon's breath caught. 

"Oh, where? We must go!" Avalon declared.

Avalon loved the sea life, all of God's beautiful little creatures. She loved them and the creatures of the sea amazed her still. She was of fire but she could appreciate the seas. She loved swimming she loved exploring the corals. She did a lot of exploring with her cousin Davina before her return to the capital. Loved when they found a new creature. Alyssa would love to find and name a new creature.

They headed in the direction Criston saw the stingrays and hoped for the best. Alyssa straightened up looking around hopefully. The best part of Alicents days since she got a handle on her pain and her new existence and purpose in life was being with Avalon's children, bringing Alyssa outside and sitting in the sand, the shallow waters, or on the forest edge for Alyssa to chase butterflies. How the simple pleasures of life would make Alyssa laugh out kicking her feet giddy. 

Avalon watched as Aemond got splashed a bit by the paddles water and his face scrunched as he swatted at his nose. Avalon brought her sleeve up and dried him off. 

Avalon still remembered the first time Aegon went into the water he felt the wetness on his little toes and screamed as if Avalon was killing him. Then as Avalon pulled him back Aegon had stared down at the water, the ripples in the waves and ooh and ahh like a monkey swatting at the air. Avalon had lowered him gently and Aegon smiled, laughing at the waves as they touched up his little legs. Then he saw a fish and screamed bloody murder in Avalon's ear. Rinse and repeat until Aegon was confident that the water was a good thing and now he was eager for new creatures like Alyssa was.

Alyssa's first time in the water she basically tried to drown herself as she chased after a fish crawling deeper in just needing to get to it. Avalon had to keep a tighter hold on Alyssa when they were outside, she didnt want to lose Alyssa in the wilderness. 

"It was around here somewhere..." Criston pondered as he looked around. 

"Lets see, water, water, water and look more water." Harwin agreed. "Could be." he teased.

"I think it was a bit more-" Criston began but Alyssa gasped and Avalon spun around.

"What are they doing!" Aegon declared. Aemond and Alyssa's eyes went wide as they stared at the leaping stringrays.

"Thats awesome." Rhaenyra admitted. Alyssa was hyperventilating with excitement and Aemond oohed and Ah'd out.

"Did they do this last night?" Avalon whispered staring in amazement.

"Definitely not." Criston corrected. 

"I want one!" Alyssa decided as she reached out for them but Alicent held onto her. She was strong for a little one and she was about to jump out of the boat if ALicent didnt hold on tight. "MAMA I WANT ONE!" Alyssa begged. 

"Mama, they fly!" Aegon declared as they flapped their rays out and looked at though they were truly flying through the air.

Avalon felt brought back to life as she watched the water born rays fly like dragons before flopping back into the water.