᪥ Chapter 15 ~ I Hate You

❤︎︎ DIMITRI'S POV ❤︎︎

"Hah I win!" I shouted from across from the table. Dimitri sat with an annoyed look on his face.

"I swear if you win this shit game one more time I won't play" he rolled his eyes and threw his left over uno cards onto the table.

"Aww is someone being a sore loser?" A mischievous smile made it's way onto my face.

We were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come in" spoke Dimitri in a low tone. "Sir, he's here" one of Dimitri's workers informed him. "Bring him up" I watched as Dimitri got up and sighed. He adjusted his tie and blazer and sat back down but this time he sat next to me.

"I've invited a guest over. Don't make a fucking scene ok?" I nodded my head. "Okay....Dimitri" I said with a sort of confused look on my face. I half expected for him to explain further but he didn't. "Good girl" he said as he laid back on the couch closing his eyes momentarily. His moment was soon destroyed by the footsteps of people nearby and chattering. The door to the room opened and in came two men. The man on the right was rather old and round, the man next to him was younger but you could still see his greying hair, in his hand the younger man carried a briefcase. One of the men had a big smile on his face. What kind of guests were these? I thought to myself. This all looked really suspicious.

"Long time huh?" Dimitri held a glimmering smile and got up from the sofa bringing in the older man who was taller than him into a strong and what looked like suffocating hug. The man looked down at him with a strong accent he spoke "you're going to make an old man cry Dima, you're all grown up now" after that Dimitri said some words in Russian making the old man laugh. Dimitri then shook the hand of the man with the briefcase. From that point on they all spoke in Russian, making me feel sort of awkward.

Dimitri cleared his throat "well, Henrik this is Zoha and Zoha this is Henrik an old friend of mine" Henrik looks at me with an eerie smile, he then leans in and shakes my hand. "Nice to meet you" I say with a sincere smile. I was being as friendly as Dimitri wanted me to be.

"She's quite the girl isn't she Dimitri........a beyond perfect candidate if you ask me" Henrik let's out a slight chuckle. What is he on about? Is this man crazy or am I crazy, because what does he mean by candidate?.........

"Henrik, if you wouldn't mind me and Zoha need to discuss something" he leaves the room and I follow him.......

The second we exited that room I turned to Dimitri "um what does he mean by candidate? Hm? Care to explain Dimitri" I say crossing my arm. To be completely honestly I was scared, scared by the fact that I had no idea about what was going on.

Dimitri holds my wrist in a tight grip "don't question me Zoha" he seethes. I roll my eyes at him making sure he's aware of how blatantly annoying he sounds.

"I will question you if i-" I was cut off by him......"you're being sold.....princess" my eyes widen and I nearly choke on my own saliva. "Um.....w-what?"

"You are being sold to Henrik and his company. A few weeks ago I decided that you weren't very valuable to me and that you're a liability. So I decided to sell you for a large sum of money" okay.......don't cry. Dimitri just stared at me.

A few minutes went by and multiple emotions coursed through my body. But most of all I felt angry. My nails dug into the palms of my hand and tears of rage were begging to be released "b-but why?" I questioned with complete disappointment in my tone.

"I mean what can I say, business is business" he said looking down at his expensive watch.

"And what will I be doing in his company?" I decided to accept my fate. "Well.....good question" he smirks "at least once a week you'll be auctioned off to men but if you behave maybe I'll tell Henrik to go easy on you"