Chapter 1: Gotta Start Somewhere

The sun beat harshly down as the long long long trip made your back ache. The jerky monstrous nightmare made you feel air sick, and your company wasn't the best. The kid you flew with was an old friend, he was almost a decade younger than you, only about 16, while you were 25 like the older friends he obsessed over. He had issues with his mother after she traded him to Snotlout for a gem of many colors, also known as a changewing egg. This led to the boy clinging onto you and trying to impress you, because the riders he admired were always long gone on missions. Even when he got his dragon 'Fanghook' he was always required to stay at Berk. So after two years of shoveling dragon poop, he woke up one day and decided to become a dragon rider. You were never an actual dragon rider but you learned from Fishlegs and his research, listened to the twins stories and their 'reasons' for chaos, Snotlout's random bouts of genius, and you also helped whenever the riders were in trouble. You mostly had all of the experience but dragon riding wasn't something that was available to you, because of your lack of wings. You had certainly rode with each rider every once in a while but riding and fighting wasn't your forte. So when Gustav decided to try to move to the edge, Stoic had caught him on the way out and had asked you to join him because of your experience with helping his son and his riders.

Though as you remembered flying with the young in-experienced riders, they were never as bumpy as Gustav is on Fanghook. His riding would stir-up even the strongest of stomachs, and you have rode on Hiccup's Night Fury; Toothless. On a brighter note you remembered the mechanical thing Hiccup had found that showed many different species of dragons that Fishlegs didn't recognize.

Suddenly a gust of wind blew up in your face making your half braided hair whip everywhere.

"You know as an experienced future dragon rider, the wind and cold doesn't bother me." He smirked, resting his forearms on Fanghooks horns. Which made his mouth open sending a plume of fire in front of you two, It plumbed out into smoke and small flicks of flame which blew back onto you two.

"AhGhck! Foooph Fooph Fooph! Aghh!" You tried to blow out the cinders that landed on you, unfortunately some of the cinders landed on Fanghook making him light up in flames. Suddenly Fanghook dove, the flames licking at you and Gustav blew mostly out as you both tumbled through the sky toward an island cliff.

You opened your eyes after having shut them tightly as you three spun downward. Flickers of brown, black, and silver blurred into your vision. Suddenly it straightened out as they dove toward a small black hut near the top of the base, you managed to see its door open and someone ran in.

Suddenly you made contact with the huts floor, throwing your neck back giving it a very painful throb.

"Gustav!"

"Gustav?!"

Your head was spinning and you felt like you were going to puke, letting out a pained sigh, you stepped around astrid who was pinned under the purple beast.

"Gustav, what are you doing here?" You hear Hiccup stutter out in worry.

You bend down and help Astrid up as she brushes herself off. "Hey Y/n" She mutters glaring across the room at the young viking.

"I– I mean, to what do we owe the pleasure of this visit?" Hiccup tries to sound excited as Gustav walks around with his eyes full of stars as he looks at every little thing like a kid on Snoogle Tov.

Fanghook stomps around the hut and then accidentally flicks toothless with his tail as he turns around. You follow astrid as she leans against one of hiccups' tables, annoyance burning in her eyes like frostbite.

"Why is Gutsav here? And why are you here?"

"Gustav... is the reason why I'm here, he wants-"

Suddenly Snotlout bursts through the door followed by the twins, and fishlegs.