Chapter 2: Settling In

The sun set like the previous night with a bright gold Gronckle iron color. It felt odd, but welcoming, you and the rest of the group were sitting at the center table of the club house. The center table itself had a fireplace in the middle and for every person there, there was a mug and plate. You all however were waiting for Astrid to join you with the food she had prepared.

"It feels good to have you on the Edge! Just like old times on Berk!" Hiccup grinned, he had brought up an extra chair, plate, and mug for you while you stayed with them. Astrid was preparing one more portion of food for you to eat as well.

"Unless we're all tired from a mission or many of us are gone on patrol we usually have dinner together. It helps keep the troops happy." Hiccup informed, gesturing to Snotlout, the twins, and Fishlegs talking about the days they've had.

"It's all pretty nice, it reminds me of meals at the great hall. Whenever you guys weren't busy off on a mission and joined the rest of us it was quite a party." You pointed out the fun times in your past.

The sun continued to set even as Astrid joined the party at last with several bowls filled with peas, mutton chops, and bread. "Eat up!" Astrid announced as she spread out the bowls of food. Everyone started to grab servings of everything laid out in front of them. Suddenly Fishlegs spoke up above the mumbles of 'pass the-' . "I have an announcement! Tomorrow I'm going to work on the Edges first annual dragon census!" He cried happily.

"Soooo what." Snotlout said with a mouth full of mutton, swallowing it he then added. "There's lots of dragons! How do you expect to count them all, that'll take days.." He finished sarcastically before taking another bite.

"Snotlout..." Hiccup said in an annoyed tone. "and Fishlegs, that is a pretty good idea, it will help us keep track of the number of dragons on the dragon's edge!" Hiccup gestured with his cup toward the excited viking.

"I could help! It would help me learn more about the geography of this island." You pointed out, taking a sip of the Edge's water.

Huh, water here tastes different, like the spring water from the tops of the mountains on Berk...

"Sounds good! I'll gladly take an extra pair of eyes!" Fishlegs grinned. Everyone then returned to their small conversations. Snotlout and the twins were going at it, Fishlegs was trying to read his notes, and Hiccup and Astrid chatted subtly. It wasn't nearly as rowdy as Berk but it had its charm, and you loved every second of it.

Soon the sun was entirely gone, then Hiccup called for Toothless who was resting nearby.

"Hey bud, can you give us a little light?" He called and Toothless quietly padded over and blew a small blast into the middle of the table.

Everyone then went back to small conversations before they quieted down. Snotlout then put his feet up on the table, his helm over his eyes and let out a loud lawn before the room settled into a relaxed silence.

"Soooooooooooo, should we talk about the yak in the room?" Tuffnut said after picking his nose and flicking the booger away.

"What are you talking about, Tuff?" Snotlout said without moving from his position.

"YEA! What are you talking about?" Ruffnut questioned with a confused scowl while picking up a yak rib bone and biting it.

"Uhhhhh we have 7 dragon riders... and only 5 dragons... ooorrr is Y/N even a dragon rider? Did we ever vote on it... or is she a... Dragon-LESS Rider?! A nothing rider?! Rider of NOTHING?!" Tuff ranted on, getting louder by the word, wailing his arms around and slamming them onto the table.