LIAM'S POV

LIAM'S POV

I walk into the new school, eyes wide as I see the beautiful structures. Everybody wears the same thing, sage green blazers and khakis. I walk into the main office and to the big marble desk. The older woman that sits behind it smiles warmly at me. "Hello dear, what can I do for you?"

"Hi, I'm Liam Payne. I'm new here and was told to come to the principal to get my schedule."

"Of course, I'll let her know you're here." She gestures to a grey couch on the west wall. I nod my head politely and take a seat.

A few minutes later, the late bell rings, giving me immediate anxiety. "Love, Dr. Malik will see you now," the woman says.

I smile and mumble a "thank you" and walk into the principal's office. I'm met with a smile from a middle aged woman with brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. She looks pretty good for a middle aged woman if I may say.

"Hello, love," she smiles. "Have a seat." Again, I'm gestured to sit in a grey leather chair. "My son will be coming in a moment to show you around the school and I'll give you a pass so you won't be in trouble with your teachers."

There's a quiet knock on the door followed by a head peeking through the door. I'm met with the most beautiful boy I've ever seen. He has hazel eyes, the most beautiful eyelashes, raven hair, perfect teen, olive skin, and perfect lips. If I wasn't straight, I'd probably have a crush on him. I'm straight as a ruler.

"Hey, Mum," he says, walking through the door.

"Zayn," she says, raising her eyebrows. He rolls his eyes, taking off his leather jacket. "Leave it here." He glances at me. A deep crimson spreads across his olive cheeks.

"You must be Liam." He reaches out his hand. Shaking it, I give him a small smile. His were the softest hands I've ever felt. Don't even get me started on his voice. It was like velvet.

"Uh, yeah." I'm kicking myself at how stupid I sound.

"Stop flirting with the boy and show him around the school," Dr. Malik laughs. The crimson on his cheeks grows darker.

"I wasn't flirting, mum, leave me alone." He turns his attention to me. "What's your first class?"

"I don't know, I haven't got my schedule."

"Bollocks, here you go, love." Dr. Malik gives me a piece of paper.

"Mum, watch your language," Zayn laughs. "Let's go."

He holds out his hand as we walk down the hall. Placing my schedule in his hand, I make sure to lightly touch his fingers. Like I said, straight as a ruler. Don't forget it.

I can hear his breath hitch as I touch his fingers. "Wow, we have almost all the same classes," he says, clearing his throat. "Miss Swift is this way." We walk down a long hallway. Knocking on the door, he leans against the wall.

"Mr. Malik, glad you've joined us," a tall, blonde woman says. She must be Miss Swift.

"Nah, just showing the new kid around. This is Liam Payne, he'll be in your first hour." The way he says my name is just... straight straight straight.

I give a small wave. "Hello, Liam. I'm Miss Swift. I teach poetry, but I'm sure you already know that." Her American accent makes me worried about this class. Just a little bit. I can tell she's a nice teacher though so I'm not really worried about that.

"Well, I should show him his other classes. See ya, Swift," Zayn says, confidence lacing his voice.

"What have I told you about calling me that?" She points a finger in Zayns face. He just laughs walking away. "I can still give you detention, I don't care that Dr. Malik is my boss, I'll do it." Laughing, she closes her classroom door.

Zayn leads me to the rest of my classes, having short conversations with all of the teachers and then leading me to the next class. "We should probably head back to Miss Swift's class for the rest of first hour," Zayn says, meeting my eyes.

"Good idea," I reply, taking a deep breath. We walk in an awkward silence to the door.

He knocks on the door and Miss Swift lets us in. Showing me to my seat, she decided to just announce that I'm there, not make me talk to people or anything. I'm extremely thankful for that. I can't say the same for my other classes.

I did meet a few people. Niall, Louis, Harry, Luke, and Calum were really nice. They let me sit with them at lunch. Louis is like the feisty shark friend. Harry is the tall, mellow one who also just so happened to be dating Louis, (which I think is adorable) Luke is also tall but hilarious, Calum is quiet but when he talks, everybody laughs. I can tell these are going to be some good people to be around during my high school "career". 

Welcome to my first ZIAM story!!! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I'm enjoying writing this so far! Stay green my little freaks!

-Meg (I'm going by Meg now lol)