LIAM'S POV

LIAM'S POV

Zaynie? God, why did I say that. It was so stupid... but it felt right.

I suppose it's time to tell my mum now. She's going to flip out if I tell her. Zayn's all I want, so much it's hurting. I know we, like, just met the other day, but I'm falling hard for him. Anybody would be. He's literally the most beautiful human being on this earth, in my humble opinion.

"Hey, mum?" I called from the stairs.

"Yes, love?"

"I need to talk to you about something. It's important."

The voice in her tone changed. "Come here, love, let's chat."

I sat next to her on the couch, keeping a bit of distance between us. I think that gave her anxiety about what we were going to talk about. "Mum..." I tried to think of a way to say this. On one hand, my mother might never accept my sexuality. On the other hand, she may be the most accepting person in the world. I'm hoping for the latter, but it would most likely be the first. I take a deep breath, exhaling heavily. "I'm... gay."

A slight intake of breath. That's all that I could hear. It was a small gasp, but a reaction nonetheless. "Liam... I don't know what to say."

A thin layer of glass coats my eyes. "I'm going on a date tomorrow."

She closes her eyes, breathing deeply. "With who, darling?" Her voice is tense, but with no venom. She's trying her hardest to accept this. It's not an easy thing for a mother to do.

"Zayn Malik. He's-" my mum puts her hand up.

"Please, Liam. Let me process this before you... throw it around."

"Mum, I can't control this. It's... a feeling. I'm not meant for that life."

"LIAM, STOP!" I've never heard my mother yell like that. She's in pain, I can see that. It's hard for a woman of her beliefs to understand. I love her, of course, but it hurts.

"No, you stop!" I exclaim, the tears spilling over. "I can't do anything about this and neither can you! Stop acting like you can! Nothing you fucking say can change me!" With these words, I storm upstairs, stomping while my mother yelled after me.

"LIAM JAMES PAYNE, YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" She screams at the top of her lungs.

I can't help it; I cry into my pillow.

I wake up about two hours later, my mum sitting on my bed, stroking my hair. "Hey, Li," she says, softly.

"Mum," I let another tear spill. "I'm sorry." These last words are no more than a whisper, but they carry so much meaning.

She puts a finger to my lips, tears fooding her own eyes. "Don't apologise to me, love. I should be the one apologising to you. I shouldn't have acted the way I did." She kisses the top of my head, allowing me to sit up and wrap my arms around her.

"I love you, mum." I kiss her cheek, showing my pure love for my mother.

"I love you, too, Liam. You will always be my baby." She gives me a small smile. "So, when can I meet this Zayn?" I swear, my mother is more of a gossip than Louis, and Louis is the biggest gossip girl I've ever met. "What's he like?"

"Oh, mum, he's amazing! He's so kind and beautiful- mum he's literally the best looking person in the entire world. His eyes," I gasp, "I could get lost in those eyes just by looking in them for a second!"

She laughs. "You must really like this guy."

"I do."

We talk for a little bit longer, conversing about how much I like Zayn. I hadn't realised until now, but I like Zayn more than I thought. He's even better in real life than he is in my head, I hope.

"Look, lovey, I am going to need time to process everything. Don't think I don't love you. I... I'm trying, my love, I really am." She lets a tear slip from her brown eyes.

"I know," I whisper into her hair.

Y'all, I'm so sorry I haven't been updating. To be honest, I forgot I've been posting this story so I've just been writing new parts on my free time and just not posting it.  AnYWay... I just had a crazy jamming session with my band to Shallow by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga... I think we did great. (By band I mean me and my shower head.) I think I'll just double post today so...

-Meg