Chapter 2: Academy

"Ino Sweetheart! Make sure to get up and ready. You don't want to miss the first day of the academy now would you?" my father says from downstairs preparing my lunch and breakfast. I glance over to my Clock and realize that it was about 7:30,

"OMG! I'm gonna be late on the first day!" I tumble out of bed and get to the bathroom. I'm there for about 10 minutes from brushing my teeth, bathing, and brushing my hair, it's 7:40. I sprint back to my room to put on something decent. It takes me about 5 minutes to find my clothes and to strangle them on my body, it's 7:45 now. I pull up my shoes and hurry downstairs to eat, my dad had my lunch in my bag and my sandwich ready on the table. It takes me about 5 minutes to finish every bit of my sandwich but I somehow did it. It's 7:50 at the moment, just enough time for me to sprint to the academy. "Bye Daddy!" I yell before sprinting out the door going to catch the academy,

"Sweetie, wait up! You can't run all around the village without an adult or somebody over 12ish to accompany you, that's why I'm going to escort you!" my father smiled, grabbing his headband and keys to walk me to the academy. We walk for quite awhile until my dad breaks the silence, "so, who was that girl from the park yesterday? You seemed to have some sort of fondness for her presence didn't you?" my dad smirked looking down at me hoping I would open up a bit. 

We reach the academy at around 7:55, there I see quite a few kids my age. I could see the purple haired hyuga kid looking at this yellow pikachu kid from behind a tall, strict looking figure. Around the other side there was a two boys doing something stupid one was licking dog kible from the floor the other was holding a betal on his hand. (weirdos, no offence). There was that Sasuke kid from the uchiha clan sitting by himself. (A bit scary since his older brother butchered the whole clan and somehow he's the only one out of the whole clan to survive unharmed physically.) My dad pulled me to his buddies and their families, one of his buddies had red hair, two pale blue wavy lines on both his cheeks, he had a white head band and the akimichi crest embedded in his armour, he was also on the plump side, same with his wife and son. His wife had short dark hair while their son had light brown hair and he was eating up a bag of potato chips while talking with the other boy. The other buddy of my dad was a slim pineapple ponytail dark haired man with a scar covering half his face, he had a goatee and hoop earrings. Beside the slim man was his wife, she had dark brown hair tied in a loose low pony, (she was quite pretty) her son was a copypast of her husband with the ponytail and tired expression. 

"Choza! Shikaku! How are my two favourite buddys doing? And most importantly," my father smiled and looked at the two women (his buddy's wifes) ''Mrs. Akimichi, Mrs.Nara, how have you been ladies? Have my childish brothers been treating you right?" My father smiled at the two women who were giggling at my fathers statements while my dad was smirking playfully at his so-called "brothers." Since I had no interest in talking with the two boys I wandered off into the swarm of parents and children surrounding the academy. I got in since I was a student and students can enter without the line, I find my class and go in. I'm greeted with a few parents in the room as well as children but there was one girl in particular that I was excited about. I walk up closer to her while her parents are talking to a teacher, I sneak behind her then hug her from behind.

"Boo," I whispered in her ear, hugging her.

"Oh Ino! You almost gave me a mini heart attack!" she complains turning to face me but then giving me one of those adorable smiles with the hair band I gave her. "You alright Ino?" she asks worriedly putting her hands on my shoulders looking with concern into my eyes, at first i'm confused about what happened but then I realised I was staring. (well that was embarrassing)

"oh yeahhh- Im ay-okay don't worry about me" I smiled back, trying to look convincing enough for her to calm down.

"Well that's a relief I didn't want my new friend feeling ill on the first day of the academy,'' she began, "also thanks for the hair band, it's pretty adorable" she admits, fixing the rose hair band I had given her yesterday.

"Sakura dear, who's your friend there?" a woman called from behind,

"Oh this is the girl I was talking about from yesterday ino yamanaka," she exclaimed, I couldn't believe she remembered my last name ;it seems like she does want to be friends with someone like me. The classes begin, parents say their goodbyes, some are threatening their children to get good grades, some are warning their children not to start fights or get into trouble, some (like my dad) are a complete mess on the floor begging their kid not to leave them. Security had to physically tackle my dad out of the academy.

"Oh brother," I sigh, I look over at Sakura and she had the same expression as me since her dad was also getting tackled by security to get out. Once there's only students in the room, me and Sakura laugh together about our experiences, I take a quick look and think to myself, was that kid blind or something? Sakura's amazing, she's pretty cute in fact.

We met our sensei and we got through the day, recess we would talk together and at lunch we would eat and share stories, and at the end of the day we would wave goodbye and I would try to hide my sadness of seeing her go.

"You and that sakura kid sure became fast yet good friends" my father complimented holding my hand in one hand and my bag in the other.

"Yeah, she's nice" I replied, holding the 10 page essay I had about how wonderful she is in my head.

"Well i'm glad you girls are getting along but I gotta tell you something," my fathers voice trailed off,

"what happened dad?" I wondered about all the possibilities and worst case scenarios,

"well it's just..." my father looked worried,

"Dad, just tell me, I'm an academy student. I should know whatever you're trying to say," I straightened my posture and held my head high to look decent,

"You were in such a hurry that you put your shirt inside-out," my dad replied, getting ready for my outbreak. Fast forward I screamed the whole way home.