Chapter 3: Denial

I walked with Sakura for the next few months since we've gotten to know each other. The reason I love going to the academy is that I got an excuse to hang out with Sakura for a whole day. She seemed distant today, but I decided to change the topic to cheer her up. We reach the academy and head to our classes only to be informed that we would have to go back outside for a flower collecting activity. Sakura and I work together and I give her a lecture on how she was in fact pretty and how my dad owns a flower shop. Classes go by and it's the end of the day, the long weekend is coming so I was looking forward to talking and hanging out with Sakura.

It's finally the long weekend and I head to the park where I see Sakura sitting on the bench. I go near her and sit right beside her, she scoots away from me to the far end of the bench looking forward in the distance. I was confused ;is she mad at me or? I stayed quiet eating for her to tell me what I did wrong but the next thing that she said shocked me.

"You like sasuke don't you?" Sakura murmurs looking away from me. I stay silent :what is she saying? Does she think I have a crush on sasuke? Does she have a crush on sasuke? She doesn't know about my true feelings does she? Wait... what if she has a crush on me? No not possible, I blush at the thought Still and look away. "I see," she whispered sadly. "Then we will no longer be friends," she announced, avoiding eye contact.

"What-" I murmured in complete shock.

"From now on we will be rivals or infact enemies" she uttered, getting up and walking away. ;the girl I adored so much left me because of a boy... she thinks I have a crush on him... fine... if our friendship broke because of a boy... so be it... I'll pretend to have a crush on Sasuke Uchiha so Sakura backs off from that toxic kid... it's for her own good.