Chapter 9: A helping hand

Once again, my father watched me come back crying. This time I raced forth and hugged him,

"D- dad- i- i- d- don't know w-what to d-do" I sobed,

"oh, ino," he gave me an embrace and sat me down on the couch. "Ino, talk to me" my father looked me right in the eyes, i couldn't hold it back anymore. I told him everything,

"a-and, that's-it." I look down, averting my eyes from his gaze.

"Ino, why didn't you tell me?"

"dad, i- i... was afraid..." I slouch on the sofa.

"Ino, every relationship there will be conflict. When you treasure a relationship, the conflict will be resolved. It will take some effort, but if nobody put in that effort, how do you think the world would function? My child, if you truly value our relationship with sakura haruno, you have to ask yourself, is the final product worth the pain? Is it true? And if it is, how will you restore your relationship with her? If it's just as friends, or if more.. You have to understand that everything has its ups and downs. you can still fix a broken glass with glue, can't you? it will just look a bit different then before"

"But dad- what if-"

"ino, really? What if? My child, I told you. It's like a field of flowers, notice how the flowers grow in groups, yet there's so many types, they all blend in harmony, you and sakura blend in harmony" My dad puts his hands on my shoulders and tells me something he knew would get me riled up "now go talk to your girlfriend! Daughter! I want a daughter-in-law!" my dad smirked.

"DAD?!?! OMG?!?! WHY?!?! NO!?! I DUNNO?!!? UMM!?! DO I LOOK RED?!?! AGHHH!!!" I bury my head in my hands as my dad laughs.

"Ino, get some sleep, and in the morning you may return your girlfriend's dress," my dad walks up the stairs. "Good night my lovely lovesick lesbian lilac!" my dad yelled from his room.

"Dad, you give me so much weird advice it makes sense!" I went to bed, a bit disappointed about what happened but enough courage to make it better in the morning.

I rush out of bed, get dressed, grab the dress from last night and get to sakura's house. She was sitting on the porch looking at the rose I dropped last night. I expected her to be angry when she saw me but it was something else, a feeling of relief and grief I think.

"Ino-"

"sakura,"

I walk toward her and stand right in front of her, i put the bag with the cherry dress beside her, then make my way to apologise.

"Sakura, i know we haven't always seen eye to eye but i wanted to let you know, i don't hate you, i don't want to rival you and i don't have a crush on-" before i could finish sakura stood up and blurted,

"Ino, you're right, we haven't always seen eye to eye, though it's true that I envy you for, well, you! But I also don't want it to get in the way of our friendship," Sakura holds her hand out looking a bit embarrassed. I stare at it then shake it, she looks at me and says

"friends?"

"friends." I replied.

Sakura and I were more calm now. It's okay, we still argue but it's nothing too extreme. Before long, we got called down to Lady tsunades place.