Chapter 7: outbreaks

I cried the whole way home, nobody could see the tears since the rain cried with me. I drifted towards my house, it was 10:30. I knock on the door to find my father answering, he gives me one look and brings me in the house for his embrace.

"Oh... ino," he softly whispered in my ear. He grabs a towel and warms me some steaming milk, afterwards he sits across from me and asks me something that I knew was coming up. "Ino, what happened? I'm your father, I should know." he sounded so sincere I could see his eyes filled with a worried feeling.

"..." I turned my head away, deciding whether or not to tell him.

"I see," he sighs and walks up the staircase. "You can tell me when you're ready, goodnight sweetheart" my father walks up the stairs. I could tell his thoughts were still spinning.

I sighed and opened a photo album my father had made for me. When I was younger I never liked the idea of all my photos in one place but now I'm relieved my dad did it. I linger through the pages to the section named,

"Ino, age 6" as I flipped through the pictures I saw the first time me and sakura met, "I miss that time" my eyes couldn't take it any longer and I created a waterfall with my eyes. I clenched the book to my chest and layed down on the couch. "Why did it have to end? Why?!?" I sob on the couch for about an hour then I head to my room. I flop on the bed (front pressed against the mattress, back facing the ceiling.) "haruno, sakura..." I whispered to myself, I silently cried myself to sleep, "today is now gone, tomorrow will be better, it's gonna be okay." I repeat the haiku in my head and drift to sleep.

*beep* *beep* my alarm beeps, I don't even bother to get out of bed.

"Ino! Your teammates are here!" my dad yells from downstairs, i flop myself out of my bed then head to the bathroom. It takes me around 20minutes to get ready since I wasn't really in the mood to be at my best. I caught my dad wiggling his eyebrows, the two really didn't care. "Sooo, are any of you dating my daughter huh?" my dad recites as the two boys looked disgusted by the statement.

"NO." I yell, I run down the stairs and open a 10 page "why shikatema should be canon" essay (i was bored and i just felt like it). "Don't burn my ship father." I point, now looking over at shikamaru. "Shikatema..." I whisper near him.

"No," he responds.

"Too bad, I wanna be an auntie." shikamaru swats me off then choji tells me something I should have been excited for. "y'know ino, Sauskes coming back to the village," Choji and Shikamaru weren't prepared for my reaction.

"SASUKE, SASUKE, SASUKE! WHY IS IT ALWAYS SASUKE!" I screeched, turning my back to the two, my father was also confused as to my sudden tantrum.

"Ino- you alright? We just came to tell you about sasuke since we thought you would be, y'know?" shikamaru paused,

"what? Excited?" I still had my back turned to them,

"well, yeah..." the two were in sync.

"Well i'm not. Thank you for worrying about me but I have no interest in this info." I pouted, they always saw me as their little sister, always rummaging around.

"Okay- but sakura-" before choji could finish my heart raced and i ran out the door,

"What are you guys waiting for!?!?!" I scream at them now going head over heels in my sakura phase.

"I know she says sasuke but-" Choji was hesitant,

"yeah-" shikamaru and choji had a silent agreement.

We started walking until I started to ask myself why I was so energetic about sakura even after last night, to be honest... i have no idea- but then it hit me. This is a new day, and this gives me a chance to prove that I could be better than sasuke. When we reached the main part of town, we saw a crowd.

"Naruto and sasuke just got back and the crowds are already piling up" Choji was stunned at the amount of people.

"I don't think we'll be talking to sasuke or naruto anytime soon, best to just leave the crowd to scatter before we get trampled on" shikamaru was giving his classic lazy-taction plan. I looked around the crowd, I was looking for sakura, but I found Temari. Temari was standing off in the far side. Shikamaru saw her and immediately- no hesitation

"bye, I gotta go talk to somebody." Shikamaru leapt through the crowd.

"What happened to his plan?" I ask, covering it in sarcasm.

"It's his crush on the young kazekage's sister" Choji smirks while still eating chips, I let out a laugh then hint the words shikatema. My eyes wander around the area. I finally found her, "sakura haruno," I whispered to myself.

"Hey, where ya going?" choji questioned, getting ready to follow me.

"Over to- sai?" I lied to him,

"oh- okay?" Choji heads off in the opposite direction, clearly uninterested in the subject.

I headed over to Sakura, except she was sitting alone... on the bench... no sasuke... no naruto. I immediately headed over to her direction, she looked up to me and I wasn't ready for her expression.

"Ino-" sakura started. I just stared at her, her eyes were red and she looked stressed. I sat down beside her and she told me something that I wanted yesterday.

"Ino, i'm sorry- i don't know what i did last night that went out of your comfort zone but i promise i had no intention of hurting your feelings." She looked on the verge of crying a waterfall. I put my hand over hers and say,

"it's alright, i just overreacted, I was stressed that day. All i want now, is to know the reason why your eyes wanna cosplay as waterfalls," i gently rub her hand hoping to get something out of her. She sighs and mutters the name I envied for far too long,

"sasuke uchiha..."

"What happened this time," I scoot away, she could tell I was annoyed but chose to ignore my attitude, (which I'm actually thankful for.)

"you know how naruto and sasuke were supposed to show up today?" Sakura's head was held low.

"Yeah-" the suspense sort of got to me.

"Well, they never showed up." Sakura's eyes started to tear up.

"Wait, wha-" i tried to wrap the thought around my head, then why was everyone surrounding the main area?

"But the crowd-" I start, "they were waiting for sasuke and naruto but none of them ever showed up." Sakura was crying, even though I was angry (technically still angry) I couldn't stand seeing her like this. I whisper some reassurance in her ear then stand up. I held my hand out to her, hoping she would take it. She looked doubtful at first but then held my hand, I could tell we were getting looks, I could see tenten making the word "ship" with her hands behind a tree.. We walked together to my house,

"your family's flower shop?" Sakura was definitely confused but I just pulled her in. we see my dad sipping coffee at the table,

"Sakura! It's good to see you" my dad exclaimed, putting his newspaper away to wave to her.

"It's good to see you two, mr inochi," sakura was about to bow, but i grabbed her rest and hauled her up the stairs.

We get to my room, she sits on my bed while I pull out a chalkboard.

"Alright, let's get down to business, what are we gonna do for your parents' anniversary?" I question handing her a chalk.

"Ino- you really don't have to-" i cut sakura off and like me barge my thoughts to the real world,

"but i want to. There is nothing, and I mean nothing you can do to change my mind." my stubborn attitude cut through.

"Very well then" sakura smiles and plays with one of the flowers I had near my bed.