𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟴: 𝗦𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝗡𝗼 𝗣𝘀𝘆𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗰

"Jeez, Honey, who's blowing up your phone so much?" Wren says to her son. They're at the dinner table. Usually, they don't eat dinner together but since Jaeden's father is in town and Jaeden's mother has decided to forgive him, here they are, enjoying dinner together as a family.

Earlier today, Jaeden had visited Lydia's house where she had placed some of her makeup onto Jaeden's little but noticeable bruise from Isaac so that Jaeden's parents wouldn't grow worried. Thankfully they shared somewhat similar skin tones so the concealer matched pretty well.

"That would be Stiles..." Jaeden answered, sorta exhausted as if this has been happening all day... spoiler alert: it was. This situation kind of reminded Jaeden of that one song by Lady Gaga and Beyonce called Telephone. Stiles should really take a hint!

"What about?" Wren asks, curious. Tommy just watching from his seat, taking a sip of his water. "Let's see." Jaeden says as he pulls out his phone, unlocking it to get to his text messages where he saw thirty notifications. Twenty-Two of them were texts and eight of them were missed calls... all from the same person.

Scrolling through, he saw things like
Are you mad at me?
I feel like you're mad at me.
Please don't be mad at me.
More people have gone missing. They're after healers.

He honestly wasn't surprised by the crazy amount of notifications he's received today. He knew Stiles and part of knowing Stiles was getting accustomed to his constant rambling. Jaeden decided it'd be best to just not read the supernatural ones to his mother, so he opted for the most recent message. "Looks like he wants to know if I want to ride to the hospital with him. Something happened and his dad's the sheriff so he usually gets to see everything, you know?" Jaeden said, pocketing his phone.

"Well are you gonna not answer?" Wren asks her son, noticing as he decided to put his phone away rather than type out a response. "Mhm! Sorta upset with him right now and answering him would break the 'Silent Treatment Protocol.'" Jaeden says, matter of factly.

"You know, it's not good to hold grudges, son." Tommy interjected. "Like what if something happens? You want your last memories with someone to be happy." He finished, earning a look from Wren.

"Jeez, Dad. Why so morbid..?" Jaeden says, taken aback by the sudden shift the conversation had went in. All he got in response was a shrug from his father. "Alrightie well, thanks for the dinner, Mom." Jaeden says as he gives his final piece of steak to Roscoe who was lying down in his doggie bed near the kitchen table. He then got up and went upstairs to the bathroom to get ready for bed. Roscoe followed suit.

He had already spoken to his mother about skipping school tomorrow but she denied his request. This was probably because his grades in Mr. Harris' classroom weren't proving to be the best. To be completely honest, as horrible as it sounded, he was completely fine with the fact that he just so happened to go missing. He truly just wanted a day of rest after that tiring trip to the Motel and dealing with it all. Sure, it had been his first true time dealing with the supernatural but that was quite literally the longest day in Jaeden's 6126 days that he has spent on this earth.

So he went to bed extra early that night. If he was going to have to go to school, he was going to make sure that he got a good night's sleep.

↓ ↓ ========= ↓ ↓

Stiles sighs, driving his blue jeep to school all alone this morning. Earlier today, Jaeden had texted Stiles to let him know that he didn't need him to pick him up, completely ignoring all of the other texts Stiles had sent to him the previous night. They had included Stiles asking him if he wanted to ride with him to the Hospital, Stiles telling him about Danny's emergency, and Stiles telling him about Healers being the next three targets for the sacrifices. Although Jaeden had said that he didn't want to ride with him this morning, Stiles actually took this as a positive. It meant that at least they were on speaking terms!