Chapter 2 | Festival

It wasn't for a few hours before the fireworks started but everyone was having fun in the main part of town dancing, playing music, eating, and much more.

I fixed my hair a bit more and made my way to the festival. The air was cool and I could smell everything the moment I opened the front door.

The streets were all lit up brightly with many rainbow colors. Everything was so cheerful, people enjoying their time together, kids running around with balloons.

I made my way over to some chairs and spotted Diluc. "Hey!" I called out.

He waved at me slightly. "Hello, Y/N." The bright red head spoke in his deep voice. "What are you doing? I just got here."

"I'm just resting. I finally got a day off in what feels like forever. I would have stayed at the winery, but Jean suggested I come here for once. She said she'd meet up with me but she's no where in sight as usual." Said Diluc.

"Oh. Well I'm sure she's just around helping everyone make tonight special. You know how she is, working herself to the bone." I smiled and chuckled a bit knowing Diluc would definitely agree.

I sat down beside him and crossed my legs. "So have you had any of the delicious smelling food yet?" I asked.

"Not yet. I was thinking about getting something to drink though. Not alcohol though obviously." He crossed his arms. I laughed a bit. "Yes I know don't worry. I've always found it funny you own a winery but don't like alcohol."

He raised an eyebrow. "Mm. Oh well." Diluc wasn't much for conversation that I've ever known, but we know each other well. "So, have you seen Kaeya?" I asked. I know they aren't close at all but was curious.

"No. Not that I care where he is anyway. Why do you ask?" He answered sternly. "Oh haha I was just curious." I replied and rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

I stood up and decided to go check out more places. "Well, I hope Jean shows, I'm gonna go explore." I smiled and began to walk down the stairs in town. Booths were set up everywhere.

Some had flowers, some had food, and some had little trinkets. I didn't bring much money though. I did however look through each booth and complemented everyone in some way. Always makes me feel better.

I walked past Lisa. "Hey Miss Lisa!" I called out. She had this gorgeous purple and black dress that was mid length with sparkles all over. "Oh wow you look so pretty!!!" I said.

"Thank you dear! So do you." She fixed her hair behind her ear. "So where are you headed?" I asked. "Oh, I'm heading out the city towards the bridge. That's where we decided to do the fireworks. They don't start for a while but I need to be there with Amber and Klee." She explained.

"Oh alright then. Well I'll see you later! Can't wait for the show!" I said before she walked off.

I sat down and thought for a moment. 'Maybe I should get a bite of something' I thought. I got up and headed to The Good Hunter. A chicken mushroom skewer sounded good right about now.

I went and payed for my food and sat down again to eat. I didn't have anyone to hang out with right now but that was ok.

The band was playing very soothing music so eating was so peaceful. Something crossed my mind for a moment and I remembered something. 'I wonder if Kaeya is ever gonna come. He didn't seem to sure of coming.' I thought.

I didn't have anything else to do so I looked around. No Kaeya in sight. "Hmm. I wonder where he would be." I said to myself out loud. Then I remembered. We hung out there once and he told me that was where he goes when he gets sad. The Barbatos statue. 'Well, might as well go. I want to make sure he's ok.' I thought before getting up and leaving the festival.