Chapter 3 | The show begins

I stood up slowly and patted my dress down, making sure it still looked nice. After, I began to walk up the stairs and past the water fountain. The water seemed to shine as it hit all the light.

I had quite a bit of walking to go but that was alright. I traveled all the time by foot. The time of night was perfect. The gentle breeze brushed my face.

Once I got to the top of Mondstadt I looked out at the church that was all lit up. Everything was so beautiful.

Making my way to the statue, I looked up and saw a figure in Barbados' hands. I smiled slightly. 'I knew it.' I thought to myself.

I began to climb the statue. The texture was slightly rough but was very cold. I nearly made it to the top and my foot made a scuff sound. I was trying to be quiet. Oh well.

Kaeya swung his head around and our eyes met. "What are you doing up here? Don't you want to celebrate with everyone?" I asked softly.

Kaeya put on his signature fake smile. "Miss me already?" He teased.

I scoffed and walked towards him "You alright?" He sighed heavily and his smile dropped. "Why don't you sit beside me honorary knight?" Kaeya said patting his hand beside him. Once again putting
on a smirk as he said, "Unless the traveling hero has somewhere else to be?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed as I sat next to him. "So, are you gonna watch the fireworks with me I suppose?" He asked with a smile. I stood up and unveiled my windglider.

"Sit down." He practically pulled me down by my cape. "Geez. Fine I'll watch with you." His eyes locked with mine once again.

Kaeya looked at me with a genuine smile. "Seriously though, are you alright?" I asked calmly. He looked down. "Yea. I guess so. Just remembering the first time I saw fireworks. It was back when I was just a small boy. Not long after Diluc's father had taken me in." He ended with a soft look.

I frowned and put my hand on his shoulder. "Oh I see. But why do you seem so upset?" I asked genuinely. "Just thinking about Diluc I guess. I know he doesn't want anything to do with my but I try. I know I'm such a horrible brother. I wish I could have done better back then" he explained.

"You're not a horrible brother!" I shouted. "Sure, maybe you might have messed up some stuff and probably him too, I don't know the whole story, but you must have done everything you could right?" I looked at him concerned. I've never talked to Kaeya like this. I only know about him and Diluc because of what others have said.

"Yea. I guess so." He smiled and looked up to the sky. The sound of clapping and cheering beneath the statue brought both our attentions to the bridge infront of us.

Kaeya looked at me with his uncovered ice blue eye. "I guess the show is about to begin." I blushed slightly at his words and replied, "Yea. I guess you're right. And I have the honor to watch them with you." I chuckled. I don't know why I said that but it felt right.

"I heard that Lisa, Amber, and Klee are going to use Klees bombs and Lisa will use her magic to blast them high in the air. That's what Amber told me anyway." Kaeya explained. "Oooh I bet everything will look fantastic." My words had cut off by the sound of a boom. The first firework had gone off.

Both of us watched the scene unfold. Fireworks of every color and shape were in the sky. "Wow they're so beautiful!!!" And smiled and laughed. I was caught off guard by Kaeyas's next remark.

"Just like you." I looked over quickly at him. Kaeya looked like his face was hotter than a Pyro Regisvine. I gasped. He looked forwarded again extremely bothered.

"Kaeya..." I said over the sound of fireworks going off every second. lighting up the sky in a beautiful array of sparks. Purple, yellow, and red filled the sky above Mondstat covering everything in the most beautiful hue. I couldn't tell if the heat in my cheeks were the fireworks or my fluttering heart. I could feel my mind take a mental snapshot of him in this moment, I knew I would never forget it.