Chapter 4 | The Kiss

My face felt tomato red. What was this? What happened? Did I hear that correctly? All these questions kept going through my head.

"I'm.... Sorry Y/N..." Kaeya finally broke the silence. He covered his face with his gloved hands.

I will still very surprised about everything but I reached over and pulled his hands away. "K-kaeya?" I asked. He smiled. "Hah. Yea?" I smiled back at him. "You think I'm beautiful...?" I asked blushing like crazy.

"Absolutely gorgeous." He replied with a genuine smile. My eyes grew wide. No one has ever said that to me before. It felt amazing.

I cupped his face and caressed his cheek. "Wow. Thank you captain. That's... so sweet." That's all I could say. I didn't know what else to say. To be honest, I could feel my heart beating a million miles per hour.

Our eyes stared into each other for what seemed like an eternity. But I didn't want it to stop. Until I was caught off guard by Kaeya's next move. His soft lips now were pressed against mine. My heart fluttered. I closed my eyes slowly and held the kiss. I then kissed him back. The fireworks had not yet stopped but it seemed like the perfect scene in a play.

We broke the kiss and both our faces were red. I could tell. Kaeya chuckled slightly. "Wow Y/N." I looked at him with curiosity. "What is it?" I asked. "You wouldn't believe how long I've wanted to do that."

Every word he said made me blush even more. This is the first time I've ever kissed anyone. But it was so extravagant. 

The fireworks finally stopped and left a trail of smoke. People all over town were clapping and cheering. It was a beautiful show.

I looked at Kaeya in his eye and smiled brightly. "That was amazing." I said. "Yea. You're a good kisser." Kaeya replied. I slapped him across the shoulder. "You idiot! I meant the fireworks!" I spat back. "But thank you I guess..."

Kaeya chuckled. "We should probably get down from here now. The firework show is over after all." I nodded. "Yeah. You're right I suppose. But it was really nice hanging out with you Kaeya. And... you know." He smirked and commented back quickly, "Aww I had a nice time too. Thank you for joining me Y/N." He grabbed my cheek and caressed it. It didn't help the fact that I was already feeling extremely warm.

"Of course." I replied. Kaeya stood from where he sat and held out a hand for me to grab. I accepted his hand and could feel my weight being pulled up as I stood. "Let's get going. I'll walk you to wherever you're staying."

You don't have to do that, Paimon is waiting at my cottage in town. I should be ok." I responded. "Really, I insist. Everything tends to get quite hectic here at night in Mondstadt after long celebrations." He explained with a soft expression.

"Ok." I accepted his offer. "Thank you." I said as I followed him down the statue. "No problem honorary knight."

I scoffed. "You don't have to call me that you know, it's just a silly title that I didn't deserve that much." Kaeya put a finger on my lips. "Shhhh... you DO deserve that title. Everyone thanks you dearly for saving our city multiple times. But if you'd like, I'll just called you by your name~"

I blushed super hard. "Um..." he moved closer, practically an inch away. He whispered into my ear and my body shivered. "Yes...Y/N~?"

I moved away quickly. "Y-yea. That's f-fine" i stuttered. He clapped his hands once. "Great! Let's go." He smirked. Ugh I hated this. But at the same I was dying for every moment.

Kaeya began walking and looked back. "Well, lead the way." I caught up to him and we made our way to my cottage. I was dreading what I was gonna tell Paimon when I got back.