ch. 1

The sound of bones crunching and pleas of mercy bounced off the cave walls. A shadow loomed over her, Karasu's gaze shifted to the blade coming down at a rapid speed. She clicked her tongue "Shit." Barely managing to dodge the surprise attack, Karasu's brows furrowed at the sight of two hashiras eyeing her neck. She laughed, visibly annoyed, as the duo charged at her simultaneously.

Karasu breathed, a dark shade of ruby replacing her dull white eyes, "匚ㄖ几丂ㄒ卂几ㄒ ㄥ丨千乇". The cave fell apart like puzzle pieces and rebuilt itself. The sudden change in environment took the 2 hashiras by surprise as they looked around, taking in everything. Upper Moon Zero was nowhere to be seen, "It looks like we entered Upper Moon Zero's space." Shinobu commented. It was a long hallway filled with rooms that contained displays protected by glass boxes. "We should be more alert from here on." Giyu added, gripping his sword even tighter.

The objects consisted mostly of what looked like keepsakes from the dead, Shinobu looked around as she ventured further down the hallway. Her head jerked to a particular room, she looked desperate and hopeful as she entered. Shinobu gasped, her late sister's butterfly hair clip was shining brightly in the middle of the room. Shinobu approached the box and lifted the glass, she stretched her hand out. "It's beautiful isn't it?" Another hand traced Shinobu's arm and another one rested on the hashira's neck.

Shinobu did not dare move, her sword was on the ground and she was left defenseless with her partner nowhere in sight. "But you can't have it" Karasu sneered, grabbing the hair clip. She dangled it in the hashira's face, taunting her. Shinobu trembled in anger, she could not move "You-"

Karasu smirked, snapping her fingers. A spirit wrapped it's arm around the hashira's leg and giggled, pulling her further away from her sister's keepsake. She tried to grab onto the floor, not wanting to part with her sister yet - it was just too soon. Karasu waved, bidding Shinobu goodbye with a taunting smile.

A blade came at lightning speed but stopped just an inch away from the demon's neck, she lightly tapped the sword's tip and it shattered into pieces. The pieces hovered in the air as she turned around to face Giyu, who glared at her as if she was the worst thing he had ever seen. "The both of you should know better that the air you are breathing, the floor you are standing on, and everything that's letting your heart beat freely is under my control. So don't even try, Giyu Tomioka." Karasu sneered, "You too, Shinobu Kocho." The spirit looked around, confused as to where its prey was.

"Give us the Blue Spider Lily." Giyu demanded, his tone far from kind.

"We were ordered by master to collect the lily from you, so please unfreeze us." Shinobu added, smiling.

Karasu bit her lip, a frustrated look plastered on her face. She sighed, pushing her hair back "Hahh, whatever." The demon snapped her fingers and they were teleported to what seemed like the most magnificent room in the hallway, another snap and the duo were allowed to move. Karasu walked to the glass box that protected the beautiful lily and lifted the glass before throwing it behind her like it was in her way. She threw the flower to Shinobu who caught it swiftly before it hit the ground.

"Oh right. I forgot about your swords." Karasu snapped her fingers and 2 swords that seemed a little worn out appeared out of thin air and dropped down on the duo, Shinobu getting an additional item - a butterfly hair clip. She looked up, her mouth parting a little. Karasu pushed the both out of the room, "Now move along, I'm a busy woman to-"