ch. 10

“Akaza? Akazaaaaa” The Upper Moon waved a finger in his friend’s face but he still did not react, he played with his hair but there was still no reaction “That’s weird, my head would’ve been chopped off by now. Hey don’t you think Akaza is acting weird, Kokushibo?” The other shrugged his shoulders, not caring for Akaza’s well being.

“Must’ve hit his head hard while fighting with that flame pillar and gone mad.” Douma laughed, moving his finger in a circular motion beside his head. The both came up with ridiculous reasons as to why their fellow Upper Moon 3 was in a daze, as Douma cackled. Akaza mumbled very softly, “Kara…” but this was enough to grab the attention of the two demons, they stared at Akaza with eager eyes. “I saw her.”

Douma and Kokushibo went silent, “Did I just hear my wife’s name?! Akaza you found Kara?! Tell me, right now or I’ll kill you!” Daki abruptly popped out of one of the stairs and jumped down onto the platform, rushing towards Akaza and shaking him aggressively. Gyutaro following behind, “You found her?” he tried to cover his eagerness to know but there was still a hint of it in his tone.

“Cmon Akaza, share with us!” The Upper Moon ‘knudged’ Daki off which resulted in her almost flying across the Infinity Castle. Akaza’s face was troubled, he covered his mouth partially. “I didn’t find her. I just, I saw her but she wasn’t there.” Douma groaned, “So you dreamt of her? Not found her.” Daki scoffed and there was an air of disappointment amongst the upper moons.

“She was,” He paused, “in an illusion. I saw a memory of her that no one knew of… wait.” Akaza realised, he abruptly stood up. “Someone, someone had something that contained Kara’s blood demon art! That means Kara came in contact with someone involved in the train incident! It was an earring.” The Upper Moons stared at Akaza, intrigued by the new found information.

Daki smirked, as she motioned to her brother “Hey, Gyutaro. Do you happen to be hungry? Let’s find some prey, prey that just got into a train incident!” Gyutaro exited the Infinity Castle along with his sister, “It just so happens to be dinner.”

Douma was over the moon at this new found information, he had a malicious smile plastered on his face. “First person to find her wins!” With that, he disappeared into thin air.

“What a bunch of idiots.” Kokushibo turned to Akaza who was about to leave, “Akaza. What did the person wearing the earring look like?”

After everyone left, Akaza knelt down and covered his face. He shook his head in denial and started laughing. “No…Karasu would never… She loves me.”

“Kara.” Akaza looked up at the girl, while lying down on her lap. “What do you think of me?” He played with her pure white hair, awaiting her response. Karasu smiled, “I hate you.” she said it as naturally as breathing, as if it was the most obvious thing “But it’s my fault that you became something I hate, so it wouldn’t be right to treat you with hostility. The same goes for the others.”

Akaza grabbed Karasu’s hand and kissed it, “So you won’t leave right, Kara?” She didn’t respond, and merely glanced at the end of the room, her eyes filled with no signs of life. Akaza sat up and hugged Karasu, resting his head on her shoulder. He looked into her eyes, he could stare at her for hours and wouldn’t be tired of it “I love you, Kara. More than those idiots, more than anyone in the world so you can’t go or my life will be meaningless.” He cupped her cheeks and smiled at her, she smiled back and reciprocated the hug.

However, Karasu never said she would never leave. Everytime he or one of the upper moons asked her that, she would simply smile and they took it as a yes. Karasu, on countless occasions, would try to escape and every time she was caught she had a furious expression. Muzan would hurt her each time she tried to escape and whisper some things that ended up making the girl tremble in fear. She was constantly after Muzan’s neck, and would try to kill him every time a chance presented itself. Karasu hated him to the bone and none of the upper moons knew why, they did not dare question.

There was a time Akaza heard the two of them quarreling, it was the first time he had heard Karasu shout. “Shut up. How dare you give me that bullshit!” To which Muzan replied sternly, “I’ve told you multiple times, Karasu. No matter what you do, you’ll never be able to escape so just give up.”

“Hah! What was I thinking loving a man like you.” Muzan blood boiled when Karasu said that and he raised a hand against her, leaving a red mark on her cheek and a bleeding ear. Despite this, Karasu sneered at the man provoking him even further. The events that followed after were horrifying, Muzan beat Karasu until she was on the ground with a pool of blood under her. She still smirked at Muzan and mocked him. Triggering another round of pain. It was a cycle of pain and suffering.