ch. 2

"You do it! I'm not touching a demon!"

"Am I that unpleasant to wake up?" Karasu asked, annoyed at the commotion caused by the Kakushi over waking her up, that she herself woke up by it alone. The group screamed in terror. "Wow, okay." The demon tried to use her arms but realized they were firmly bounded by ropes and after further inspection of her surroundings, she found out she was towered over by 9 hashiras.

Karasu sighed a frustrated sigh, "Damn you Kagaya." She eyed the hashiras and that irked some of them. "You've got some guts staring at us like that, bitch." One of them grabbed her by her hair.

Karasu smirked, "Can say the same. Bastard." This irked him greatly as he punched the demon in retaliation.

"That's enough, Sanemi." Shinobu ceased, helping Karasu to regain her posture. The demon smirked in victory and before Sanemi could raise another hand against her, the master had arrived.

The man smiled and greeted everyone warmly, "I apologise for abducting you from your place, do forgive me. Surely, you won't bear a grudge against me?"

Karasu smiled, clearly holding a grudge. "Of course not, I love you very much. How dare I do something such as basking in your oh so, mighty, most high, majestic and simply divine presence. I have sinned greatly."

"..." the dimly lit room was silent, "I'm sorry, genuinely."

"What do you want?" Karasu inquired, tilting her head to the side.

"Treat the master with respect, you scum." the hashira with the snake reprimanded.

"So that you can provide us with information regarding the 12 kizukis." The man stated, but Karasu knew that was not the goal because it would be risky for a demon to know where the demon slayer corps base was.

"Hah!" Karasu laughed at the man's recklessness, "If anything happens to your little organization, don't blame me. You know how that man is." She bit her lip 'Rescuing me from Muzan is a horrible move, stupid Kagaya.'

Karasu, during her stay at the Butterfly mansion, slept on the porch for most of the time. She never attacked anybody, and only slept. The One day, one of her awfully long naps was interrupted by the smell of rice balls being placed so near her she could feel the heat. She could sense about 3 people hanging around so she kept up her sleeping facade until they left, but they didn't.

Karasu, annoyed, woke up and was greeted by 3 nervous looking small children with freshly made rice balls. Karasu faked a smile and asked, "Are these for me?" they nodded eagerly, "Thank you, I will eat it well." The demon carefully took a rice ball and ate it whole, she moaned in visible delight as she went for seconds. Soon, the plate was wiped clean. The trio smiled brightly, happy they were of help.

They chatted happily, talking about many things. "You're so nice, Kara!" they exclaimed, "Oh, I'm sorry. Can we call you Kara?"

"Of course! Feel free uhm"

"I'm sorry, we forgot to introduce ourselves. I'm -"

The trio left waving happily at Karasu. Karasu made sure they left before dropping her facade and throwing up the food, she panted. "How annoying." The demon sighed in frustration and her stomach growled, hungry for food after not being fed for a week. She lifted her arm and stared at it, with a smile, before sinking her teeth in it.

"Hey, Shinobu." Iguro walked into the lab and greeted the flower hashira with his usual monotonous tone, "There's a rat outside, you should check on it." He said, before disappearing, leaving Shinobu confused. She walked out and her eyes widened.

"It should heal in a few weeks, don't over exert it in the meantime" Shinobu advised, wrapping the last layer of bandages around Karasu's arm

"Oh thank you so much, o mighty hashira. I am forever grateful for your assistance to this sinful being." Karasu sneered, her words so sweet but dripping with sarcasm. She leaned in so close that Shinobu could hear her breathing, "Don't even bother, my beloved arms that you care for so much will heal in a day. Are you perhaps concerned for me? My, that would be betrayal now would it?" She unwrapped the neatly wrapped bandages until it was a mess, some layers loose. The flower hashira remained smiling throughout everything.

Karasu walked to the door, not wanting to be in the same room with a hashira. "A day? That's odd, but you're a demon. Perhaps, you are... below average. Oh don't worry, I won't exploit your weakness!" The demon paused and whirled around, she had a twisted smile plastered on her face. Shinobu couldn't tell if she was angry or happy.