ch. 6

"Wake up, Karasu. It's night now." Karasu opened one eye and was greeted with Giyu's smiling face, she frowned and buried her face in her arms again but gave up and sighed. She sat up on the porch, her feet touching the grass as the wind blew. Giyu hesitated but asked, "Why do your eyes turn red when you use your art?"

Karasu glanced at him, trying to hold back the hair that the wind was trying to cover her face with. She scoffed, "When my eyes are red, you could say I'm a full demon and when it's dull I'm pretty much a half. Don't ask why, I tried to shove a blue spider lily down my throat but it didn't work that well. That's why I'm not completely immune to the sun."

Giyu nodded, taking in the information. He asked again, "But, how about your regeneration speed? Most demons only take a few seconds but you need a day."

Karasu paused but answered after a while, "I haven't eaten human meat in decades, they're not appetizing." She shrugged, "So I normally eat demons."

"What a load of bull shit, all demons are the same. You prey on those weaker than you and run with your tail between your leg when faced with someone stronger than you. I'm sure you've been living a great long life, constantly finding joy in killing people. You all are cowards till' the very end!" Sanemi abruptly appeared and pushed himself into the conversation. Giyuu glared at him, visibly angry. "Hey," Karasu glared coldly at the wind hashira, "shut your mouth. This is why your relationship with your brother is in shambles."

"You...!" Sanemi grabbed his sword and charged at Karasu, she grabbed Giyu's sword and their swords clashed. Karasu grit her teeth as she tried to fight back, Sanemi provoked her again "Muzan probably treats you like a queen huh?! Upper Moon Zero, Karasu Sanji, last survivor of the Sanji clan!!"

Karasu lost focus and fell back, she breathed heavily. "Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!!!" She stood up and clashed swords again, her eyes was filled with rage and pure hatred "The hell would you know?! Good life my ass! Do you know what I've had to endure all because of that man?!" She fought till' her sword was thrown away, Karasu was on the verge of crying. She grabbed Sanemi's collar and screamed at him, tears rolling down her cheek, "I had to eat my own flesh because I was worried about you! You humans! How dare you, a mere human judge my life." She clenched her fists until her palms bled, glaring angrily at the wind hashira who stared 9shocked.

Karasu walked away, tears streaming down her face as she tried to wipe them away. She found a room and entered it, slamming the door shut. She punched the wall in frustration, leaving a hole in it. Karasu breathed heavily, laughing at herself. She choked on her tears. Through her blurry vision she saw a figure entering the room and hugging her while whispering comforting words.

Karasu pulled on their haori, her expression filled with fury.

A week after that, Karasu stayed on the porch while staring at the moonlight. She plucked a flower out and crushed it. "Here to mock me, huh snake boy?" Karasu glanced at the figure on the tree. She chuckled, letting go of the remains of the flower. The girl sneered at the hashira "Go ahead. I mean, why should I be so concerned about how you perceive me? You're nothing to me and your words are no exception."

Iguro commented "You were quite worked up about what Sanemi said though."

"Hah! You mean that bastard?" Her bloody eyes glistened under the moonlight. "He was looking for a fight, and I simply gave him one. I have never hurt him for the entirety of my stay here except mention his brother and he still had the balls to provoke me with my past. Who's the bitch now, huh?"

Iguro kept quiet, he jumped down from the tree dragging something with him - a dead demon. He placed it in front of her, and she scoffed.

They sat down on the grass and Karasu wolfed down the body, starving from the things that happened recently. Iguro stared at her, shocked that she was actually eating the demon but concealed it.

This continued for a few more days, Iguro kept bringing demons every night and Karasu would eat it. Karasu wiped off the blood on her face with her hand, she smiled "Since you've been so nice, I'll let you in on something. Your beloved Rengoku's expiry date is due soon and the one that's shortening it is Upper Moon 3, Akaza and a tiny and irrelevant lower moon. Tell your Rengoku to be extra careful or he's gonna lose that short life of his. I already took some precautions but who knows if it's going to be enough."