Exploration #1: Abandoned Mall

Kione sits in the library next to his friend of many years, Luca. Kione continues scouring through Google maps, as he questions his friend.

"Say, if I were to go check out an abandoned mall... how much trouble could I be getting into?" Luca closes his law book, gently tapping the spine against the edge of the oak table. He formulates his reply and takes off his glasses.

"Well, you could be charged with breaking and entering, trespassing on private property, property damage, and there are various other things you could be charged with. Depending on how much damage you do and how far you go." He was about to continue on listing more possible issues his friend could run into. Kione holds up his hand and responds.

"Well, what if someone else was there before me. Per say, the door or a window is already open that I could crawl into? Also, property damage? The building was opened back in 1994 and closed back in 2008 with no buyers or any interests since it closed. So, theoretically..." Kione tries making himself up an excuse, but Luca decides to cut him off.

"Look at it this way, you would still be trespassing even if you were able to slink your way in without breaking a door or window. Also, the breaking part does not always mean literally. Anyways, it still wouldn't matter. If you break something it would still be property damage... however, I cannot stop you from doing anything Kione." Luca stands up and puts his glasses back on, glancing at his watch.

"Well, I am off. I have a case and a victim to represent. If you decide to go off and explore be safe Kione." Kione smiles and cheekily salutes to him, replying in a chipper tone.

"Will do boss! Go win that case." Luca holds back a laugh and leaves the library his law book in hand still.

Kione sets up the directions to the mall on his phone and slings his bag over his shoulder. He gets on his motorcycle beginning to head off to the abandoned mall, a smile on his face. After an hour or so he makes it to the location, turning off his bike and parking it in an inconspicuous area. That way if anyone passed by it would be hard for them to spot. Kione walks around cautiously and finds a revolving door. He steps into it and carefully pushes, the door only gives a little resistance before screeching as it rotates along; he squeezes into the mall through a small gap because the door had stopped opening because a random piece of wood got in the way. He steps inside and stares at the interior in awe.

The mall is definitely not pristine or clean in any sense, the ceiling tiles had began to rot breaking and falling onto the floor

The mall is definitely not pristine or clean in any sense, the ceiling tiles had began to rot breaking and falling onto the floor. There is shattered glass from shop windows strewn around, as many rebel teens must've passed through at some point. Kione takes out his vlogging camera and begins to record the inside of the mall, stating.

"I am at an abandoned mall in my home state and I will not be disclosing the name, because 1. That is irresponsible. 2. This is private property and I do not want any of you getting in trouble. and 3. This may seem like fun, but it can be pretty dangerous. So, allow me to be your median of discovery." He walks deeper into the mall and continues recording. The sound of glass crunching under his Nikes is almost like some ASMR. He approaches the food court and records some moss that is growing on the counter, he adds some commentary here and there.

"I think it is cool seeing how Mother Nature reclaims her land, like the grass growing between the floor tiles and the moss taking over counters. It looks so beautiful." He points out and finishes doing his vlog for the day. He takes care of his camera and continues to look around the mall, until it begins to turn to dusk. Kione starts to head back to the main floor, but something shiny and green catches his eye. There is a jade sculpted pendant on the floor. He picks it up gingerly, beginning to observe the jade pendant that had a red silk cord on it.

"Huh, this looks interesting. I wonder who or what this sculpted thing on here is. I shouldn't take it..." he mumbles to himself and goes to sit the pendant back down, but before he knows it the silk cord is already wrapped around his neck twice. The pendant almost like a choker now, the jade landing right on his throat leaving a chill to rush down his spine. Kione touches it gently, still shocked by what had happened. He decides to brush it off for now, muttering in a chill tone.

"You must really want to go with me. I can understand it, after all, I wouldn't want to be left deserted in a derelict mall either." He finally makes it back outside and gets onto his motorcycle, the sun starting to set on the horizon. Kione checks his phone and sees a few messages from Luca.

*Ding* *Ding*
L: Hey, are you alright?
L: Earth to Kione! Σ(-᷅_-᷄)
L: You better not be dead. Text me once you see this.
K: Luca, what is up? ( ˊ̱˂˃ˋ̱ )
L: Oh, so you're not dead.
L: I just wanted to let you know that I won the case and I was just about to go out and celebrate with a fancy dinner. Would you like to tag along?
K: Sorry man, I will have to pass up on it this time. I'm getting ready to head home from the {a} mall.
L: Okay, you should better get heading home then. Talk to you later. Σ(-᷅_-᷄)
K: Okie Dokie Artichokie!
L: (๑•ૅㅁ)

Kione takes care of his phone and turns on his motorcycle, driving home. He parks in his garage and puts his helmet on the seat, stretching as he walks over to unlock the door the joins his house to his garage.

He gets inside taking off his shoes, wandering is way to the fridge. Kione grabs an pack of apple slices and eats them, as he heads off to his bedroom. He finishes his apples and tosses the empty pack onto his trash bin, before making his way to the bathroom. Kione takes a shower and puts on a pair of sweatpants, before flopping down onto his bed. He curls up under his blanket and falls asleep quickly.

The jade pendant glows and a thin bit of smoke begins to emit out of it. An apparition forms out of the smoke and it towers over the sleeping form of Kione.

"This is strange, what time period is this? Who is this strange looking man? Interesting. Very interesting. I think I will have to stick with this man for a while. He is intriguing." The apparition monologues, before sinking into the bed and into the pendant that is still tied closely to Kione's throat.