Chapter 1: Child

The Prime Songs gently hummed inside of Zafor's satchel. Each Voice singing a lullaby softly, in the silent darkness of the forest. Even if the moon's light can pierce the thick canopy of leaves (and in which it can't), the Prime Songs continued to glow in a peaceful way.

Odd.

'''ƈօʍɛ ʟɨȶȶʟɛ ƈɦɨʟɖʀɛռ, ɨ'ʟʟ ȶǟӄɛ ȶɦɛɛ ǟաǟʏ...'''

He hasn't heard their Voices in a long time. Only hearing a whisper from one or two every now and then. A warning most of the time, and rare calls for help.

'''...𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖘 𝕴'𝖒 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖗𝖊𝖜𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖊 𝖎𝖙...'''

But this time he heard a command.

'''...₩ⱧɆ₦ ₩łⱠⱠ ₩Ɇ ₣ł₦₳ⱠⱠɎ ฿ⱤɆ₳₮ⱧɆ??...'''

To go to the forest...

'''...Fѳя $ѳѫётнїпg тѳ cцяё ѫч Шїтнёя Hёаят...'''

...that he was currently lost in.

"..."

Silence filled the forest again as the Prime Songs flickered out, vibrant colors fading to black. Voices dying out.

Zafor willed the same to happen to his markings, light blue that wasn't hidden by the stone colored paint fading into a deathly black. He pulled up his hood and unsheathed his sword, the enchantments giving the blue glow instead of him.

The forage behind him seemed to come back to life, causing him to whip around and raise his sword, ready to strike.

'''...𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓮𝓽 𝓰𝓸.'''

And a child tackled him to the ground.

Now Zafor knew that children were small, but by Ardonia, this one is tiny. And he also knew that a kid this size shouldn't even have the strength to lift his sword, much less tackle him. And yet here he was, on the grassy floor with said kid squeezing the life out of him.

"Um...kid, you can let go of me." he said after a few moments, some what strangled.

Silence greeted his words. But their grip relaxed, letting him breathe a bit easier.

'''ǟʟʟ ɨ ӄռօա, ǟʟʟ ɨ ӄռօա ʟօʋɨռɢ ʏօʊ ɨֆ ǟ ʟօֆɨռɢ ɢǟʍɛ...'''

The Primes returned to their original colors, Voices singing again. His markings also reverted back to their original color too.

As he got to his feet slowly, taking care that he didn't harm or drop the child, he made his  way back to the open savanna.

Well...

He tried to.

(It took him a good half an hour to get out of the forest.)

Without the thick canopy obscuring the child, he finally had a chance to look over them. Provided he manages to pry them off first.

The first thing he noticed was they are a she. And she seemed to have fallen asleep on him.

The second thing was the ash in her dark hair. Then the burn marks on her clothes.

Other than that, she seemed completely unharmed...

What is that on her arms?

Swallowing, Zafor hoped that the blackness on her arms weren't burns. He didn't smell charred flesh, which is a good sign. He's running low on medical supplies since his last run in with the other Champions.