Chapter 2: Void

'''...𝓣𝓸 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝔂 𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂
𝓘𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝔂 𝓼𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭...''' a soft lullaby sang.

The Warden calmed down as it's heart beat quieted when the song soothed them.

'''Hey there big guy.''' she said, placing a hand on it's forehead. It chittered curiosly in return.

'''It's good to see you again.'''

______________________)(_____________________

She woke up with her eyes closed. Drowsy and warm. When the world was so still. Before the moon sets and the sun rises. When the stars in the dark night were just about to fade.

And to be honest...

She hated it.

She hated waking up at dawn. To her, the dawn was always an end as well as a beginning. Dusk was similar, but not the same. Dawn didn't have that feeling of safety when she had during the night or the day. Not even the smell of fresh bread soothed her.

(Though it does smell delicious, but that might be due to her missing meals in the last few days because of ...)

The Nether Star pushed away her grief and sorrow, leaving a sliver of her emotions in that  empty space in her chest.

Where her heart was supposed to be. (Literally, her heart and its pieces are scattered right now, which was 🤬 great. And it will be a pain to recover the Primes.)

Then she heard the rustle of vegetation.

Vegetation.

Not snow.

She snapped open her eyes and jolted up.

Instead of the white powdery layer on the ground, a soft blanket of grass that was actually alive and growing well, greeted her. In the dim light of the dying fire and rising sun, she could see the edge of a forest. Tall, dark and just there.

Like the Deep Dark her grandpa would take her too when she was bored. Or when ever they both want to go there out of sheer boredom. Messing with the Wardens was hilarious.

'I wonder if there's a Deep Dark here?' she thought to her self.

But first, she has to find her Uncle.

Who seemed to have disappeared earlier that night.

It felt wrong when the world was so still. 

When she was so alone.

"Uncle?" She called out. Fighting her way out if the cocoon of blankets she was buried in, and failing to escape from it at least multiple times.

"Uncle!" She tried again, cupping her hand over her mouth to enhance the echo of her voice. She swung her head around, trying to find a flash of light blue markings. 

She found the Protisium Prime generating a dome like force field, nearly invisible to the eye.

...

At least she doesn't have to go hunting for one of the Primes.

Then she saw a cave out of the corner of her eye.  

And in it was a sculk vein.

... Odd.

Meanwhile, Zafor was busy trading with the inhabitants of a nearby town.

1. To resupply.