0.4: Background Of EJ

Tame Wolfblood

"私は両方の世界をうまく利用できます。 なぜ選ぶ必要があるのでしょうか?" (I can have the best of both worlds. Why would I ever need to choose ?)

--------------------------------------------

EJ came home to find the place completely quiet. His mother was a very caring person, so she always wanted thing to feel cozy. Especially given that EJ' father would be remarrying soon.

EJ answered his phone when his father called. "お元気ですか ?" (How are you ?) It was a simple question. One his father always managed to ask. EJ knew his father loved him, but he felt his father was compensating for how things ended with his mother. "I am fine. Just got home."

His father sighed as he had been trying to get ahold of his ex-wife for the last hour. "So you're home alone ? Where is your mother ?" EJ rolled his eyes while making himself a snack. "お母さんは留守です。 あなたは私に彼女に何か聞いて欲しいことはありますか?" (Mom is not home. Is there something you want me to ask her ?) 

His father was frustrated as he didn't want to make his son feel bad. "Just have her call me back, EJ. It is urgent I talk with her." His father knew of what his mother was probably up to, but this as a decision he felt she was making hastily without him. 

It was clear both his parents had different ideas when it came to parenting EJ. Before long the call ended & EJ waited up for his mother. 

He was fast asleep when his mother came home. She covered him with a blanket as she sat next to him exhausted. They would have much to discuss in the morning.

His mother answered his father' call. "何ですか?私は今忙しいです。" (What is it ? I am busy at the moment.) His father sighed as he was growing more frustrated with his ex-wife. "Why are you speaking so low ? Is EJ asleep ?" EJ' mother yawned as she answered him with a final statement, "We'll talk in the morning. Goodnight."

All was once again quiet...