Part 3: Beginning to Halfway

"Wwwwwwelcome to the Pokémon Unite Match! I'm your first commentator, Sun the Infernape, with my other commentator..." "Hello, it's me. Mewtwo. I handpicked these contestants, and I want to see if what they showed me is true. But first, there's a twist..." It was like nothing hit the 10 contestants, but certain Pokémon went to their first form. Those were Luna (Gardevoir), Houdini (Zoroark), Drew (Machamp), Ember (Cinderace), and Sheldon (Blastoise). "What is this?!" cried Luna. "I have no idea, but we gotta evolve you back," Lucas answered. That surely didn't help. 😑 "Now that all is ready, start the countdown!" announced Sun.
3...
2...
1...
GO!
And they were off. They had decided where to go. Luna and Dynamo went to the top path, whereas Houdini decided to travel upwards when done with the middle path. Lucas and Sonic went downwards. Ember and Cameron went upwards. Sheldon and Drew went downwards, whereas Barry decided to travel downwards when done with the middle path. "Ok, this is going well so far," Luna said to Dynamo. Luna shot a Confusion at 1 Aipom, while Dynamo used Thunder Shock at the other Aipom. They both KO'd their catches, leveled up, and learned other moves. Luna learned Teleport, and Dynamo learned Electroweb. Since Houdini was faster than everybody, he leveled up before Luna and Dynamo and learned Scratch and Fury Swipes. Ember and Cameron were doing well too. Ember learned... well, Ember and Low Kick and Cameron learned Feather Dance and Whirlpool. Lucas learned Meteor Mash and Quick Attack, where Sonic learned Astonish and Confusion. Drew learned Karate Chop and Bulk Up. Sheldon learned Water Gun and Skull Bash. Last of this long list, Barry learned Tackle and Rest.

Soon, the teams collided. Houdini already obtained the "First one to score" medal, since he was as fast as a Dodrio. Unfortunately, that means that if the 2 from the other team caught up to him, he would be in trouble. That's exactly what happened. He was double teamed by Ember and Cameron. "Gotcha now!" they exclaimed as they attacked him. Luna and Dynamo were not too far away. It was a long fight, but Ember fainted and Cameron retreated to get more HP. The 3 of the Linked Lavenders (at almost 0 HP) scored a bit until the 2 came back. Unfortunately, Houdini and Dynamo fainted. Luna was by herself. Little did she know that one more level up and she would evolve. She used Confusion. It hit a low HP Combee, which was enough to KO it and evolve Luna into Kirlia! She learned Psyshock, which allowed her to hit the enemies and move back into a healing zone. "Perfect!" Houdini jumped up into the air and Scratched the low HP Vespiquen and evolved into his original form: Zoroark! "Finally, I'm back to normal."

The bottom wasn't looking so good. See, up there, 3 beats 2. But down there, it's 2 L.L and 3 C.C (their team name is Cooperative Carrots) so that would result in the stuff happening up top the same down there, but flipped. After the top team, which was fully evolved, finished destroying those 2 goal zones, they came downwards. "We're here to help!" Luna cried as she appeared with Dynamo and Houdini. Lucas and Sonic were at low levels due to not KOing enough. With the whole team together, the Cooperative Carrots stood no chance. Now everybody's at a good and reasonable level. There was one destroyable goal zone left, but there were 2 destroyable goals zones left for the Linked Lavenders. "Here we go, guys," said Houdini, "With all of our scores, this goal zone will be destroyed." "But wait!" Dynamo exclaimed. "The festival thingy is about to start in a few minutes!" And he was right. The clock was now 4:32, which was close to the ending moments. Will they win? Or will that be their downfall?

Stay tuned for part 4 and the ending moments!