Labor and birth (Niall)

Made a change to the baby's middle name.

You were due for a cesarean section at 4 in the morning and you were dreading it.

"Niall I don't want to get cut. What if they cut the baby or something?" You say, only being able to play bad scenarios in your head.

"It'll be okay. I promise. You won't feel a thing." Niall yawns while he puts your bags in he trunk.

"Alright. let's go have a baby." You say nervously, getting into the car.

You two reach the hospital and you wait for Niall to get the bags.

"Hello. What's your name?" A friendly Asian American nurse asks you.

"Y/n Horan." You say sleepily.

"So you're here for a cesarean section correct?" You nod and caress your stomach.

"Follow me this way." You waddle behind the nurse and get on to the elevator.

"Will there be any complications since the baby's three weeks early?" You stutter, trying to catch your breath.

"It shouldn't be. Especially since the doctor scheduled it this early." You nod and get off the elevator.

"Alright Mrs. Horan. This is your room and here's your cap and hospital gown as well as your mask, suit and cap sir. Your nurse, Gina should be in here to soon to check on you. And congratulations."

"Thank you." Niall says while slipping what the hospital gave him on.

"I'm starting to get excited Ni." You grin, sitting up to slide the cap on your head.

"I am too babe. We're finally getting to meet our baby after nine months!" He exclaims excitedly, making you laugh.

"Well while we wait for them to call you, maybe take a nap? I know you're tired." You nod and agree to his idea and sit back, going into instant slumber.

--1 hour later--

"Mrs. Horan, they're ready for you." Your nurse Gina says not giving time to answer as she starts pushing your bed out of the room.

"Niall, Niall wake up its time." Niall shoots his head up and rushes out, glaring at the back of the nurses head.

"Ready?" Niall asks while grasping your hand.

"Ready." You smile and he reaches down to kiss you.

You get into the room and see four doctors standing there.

"Hello y/n. How are you?"

"Kind of nervous but ready to get my baby out." You chuckle, trying to calm your nerves.

"Alright at the bottom of your stomach, I'm going to give you a shot to numb your body so that when we start the procedure, you won't feel a thing but a slight tug when we pull the baby out okay?"

You nod and let him insert the needle. Instantly, you can't feel anything on your body and they pull a blue sheet over you.

"Um, doctor we need to start this process now."

"What? Why?" The other doctor sighs and looks at Niall.

"The baby's umbilical cord is wrapped around the neck." You gasp and Niall starts getting even more nervous.

"Okay we have to start now. Go ahead and cut down the middle Brennan." The doctor named Brennan nods and starts cutting your stomach.

Niall looks over the sheet and gasps loudly.

"What Niall?" You ask him lightly.

"Your stomach is open baby, wide open." You scrunch your face up at the image in your mind of that.

"Okay Fallon, pull the baby out!" The main doctor shouts.

Fallon finally takes the baby out and you expect to hear screams; but you don't.

"Unravel it." Brennan whispers while smiling.

Suddenly, you hear the screams and cries of your child.

"It's a boy!" You laugh and cry all the same time and Niall does the same. They clean your baby up and hand him to you.

"Niall, we have a son." You say in sudden shock.

"Our angel." He whispers.

"He's so small." You say faintly as you feel the numbing wear off as you touch your son's small hands.

"I'm so glad he's alive." Niall says in relief while still staring at your baby.

"Such a miracle."

1: Berkeley Javadd Horan born on the 15th of July at 5:05 am 5 pounds 6 oz.