Chapter One

2021 Guatemala City.

I am happy with how this day went, even though my useless classmates made some stupid comments as usual, I had a good time with my friends, everything went very smoothly although I know that when I get home I will be all alone, my mother is at home but she never pays attention to me because she has to take care of my brother and well, my father is never at home and when he is he only pays attention to my brother, so in short it is as if I did not exist for them.

The bell rang and I grabbed my backpack and started walking home, always waking up with the hope that they will tell me that lightning struck my school and I won't have to go, but as always that is just a silly hope and illusion, or so I think, I still hold out hope that it will actually happen.

I was concentrating on imagining what the school would look like after a lightning strike, that I didn't realize I was walking right under an almost broken branch of a tree, and as my luck is always the worst, that branch fell on my head causing me to end up dazed and within seconds I fainted due to that blow.

1536 Somewhere in Spain

I woke up cursing because of the horrible pain I had in my head, I thought I would die. 

I raised my head somewhat puzzled by the way people were talking, as I looked at the people I was surprised by the clothes they were wearing.

What kind of joke is this? They are all shouting "The barbarians are here" 

Who are the fucking barbarians? 

I still got up with the intention of running because I was a little scared, not because of the barbarians, but because there were no more people. I wiped the weird dress I was wearing and tried to run at that moment I felt someone grabbed me by the hair, I started to say all the insults I knew but I kept quiet when I saw that man put a sword on my neck, not wanting to die I just followed him.

After several minutes of walking the old man took me to a boat and pushed me roughly, I just held back the urge to insult him and approached the other girls, among them one approached me and introduced herself as "Marlena".

- Uhm, nice to meet you, I am Alessandra.

She smiled at me and I decided it was time to clear my doubts, I don't understand what this is and what I'm doing here but I need to get stupid answers.

- Marlena What year is it? Where are we?

𝕸 - You are certainly peculiar Alessandra, we are in the year 1536 and we are in Spain...but now they will take us to Istanbul, the barbarians invaded the town and they are taking us to sell us as slaves, if we do well we go to the palace and if not, it is better not to even think about it.

I almost choked on air when I heard that, I need to get back to my home or not? Maybe it would be fun to see how this continues, and I don't plan on putting the few brain cells I have to work to find my way out of this time. So I guess I can see where I can get to, as I understand we are in the sultanate of Suleiman the Magnificent. And as I understand Mehmet is not yet dead...I can prevent his death. Of course, I can only avoid it if I am elected to stay in the palace.

If I am not chosen to be in the palace I will find a way to leave here and return to my time, I do not plan to live in this empire being more oppressed than I already was.