Chapter Four

It has been several days since that event, and now I am treated as a sultana and even if the sultan's sisters and Mahadevan are not entirely satisfied with that, they must respect me.

I was just finishing dressing up as I was going with Mihrimah and Sultana Hurrem for a walk around the village, I only wore a not-very-flashy cloak and a few jewels.

When I was ready I ran towards the entrance of the palace, but before I got there I bumped into someone, I looked up and bowed slightly because it was the shezade Mustafa, I was about to leave, but I felt him grab me by the arm.

- "Is something wrong, shezade? I have to go, so please let me go." - I looked at him seriously, I needed to leave because I wanted to go and see the town of Istanbul.

- "Why are you in such a hurry? In the time I've been here in the capital you and I haven't spoken, I would like to meet you, so let's talk now."

- "With all due respect, I can't talk to you now. I am going with Sultana Hurrem and Sultana Mihrimah to the town, so if you allow me, I must leave right now."

- "Another day I can take you to meet it, come with me."

I was about to answer, but I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned and saw Mehmet, I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

- "Mustafa, nice to see you. But if you allow us, we will go to the village."

- "Oh, I didn't know you were coming with us, Mehmet, your company will be a pleasure."

Before the shezade Mustafa spoke, Mehmet and I continued walking and after a few minutes we arrived with the sultanas, they were also surprised by Mehmet, apparently, he invited himself.

A few hours later

The village had enchanted me, in truth the best decision was to go and much more together with the sultanas and Mehmet, we laughed a lot because Mehmet was making silly jokes and after a while, we returned because I was going to eat together with the Sultan.

When we arrived at the palace, I quickly took off my cape and fixed my dress, it is one of my favorites.

I was eating with the Sultan in the garden, we were both talking quietly and laughing at the silly things I was saying. But at that moment Prince Mustafa came and bowed to the Sultan, then he came to me and told me to accompany him right now for a walk, if I did not listen to my stupid companions, let alone this conceited prince.

"How dare you speak to her like that, can't you see that she is eating next to me? You have no right to speak to her like that, especially not in front of me, now go away Mustafa."

I just politely said goodbye to the prince and continued eating for a few minutes until all the sultanas and also the shezades arrived. I greeted the little princes and the sultanas, Mihrimah sat next to me, and we started talking and eating together.

After a while of talking a little bit with all the sultanas I finished eating, I was going to continue talking with the sultanas, but Prince Mehmet stood up and took my hand.

- "With your permission, Sultan and Sultanas, I will go for a walk with Bellinay."

The sultan nodded permitting us and I got up to go with Mehmet to walk around while we talked about meaningless things, but we had fun, and it was nice to spend time with him.

Four months later

Four months have passed and everything is still almost completely the same, not counting the fact that today the Sultan and Mehmet will go to war, Mustafa will remain to guard the capital and the shezades Selim and Bayezid will go to their provinces, when they return from the war Mehmet will also leave for the province that will be assigned to him.

I was with Mehmet and the Sultan, for I have refused to be away from him or the Sultan for a week now. I am very worried that something might happen to them, so I do not leave their side at any time of the day and at night only when I have to go to my quarters to sleep.

- "Alev, my sultana, you must let us go, I promise that I will take care of Mehmet and that nothing will happen to us, but we must leave now."

- "You are worse than my mother. Bellinay, beautiful moon, nothing will happen to us, I promise we will come back safely, but you must let us go."

I just pouted annoyed and gave them both a big hug and then went to the harem where it would be the last time we would see them before the war, I just stood next to Mihrimah and when I saw them arrive I couldn't stop some tears from falling from my eyes. I kissed the Sultan's hand, and then he wiped away my tears, I said goodbye to Mehmet with a hug and then they left. I left with Mihrimah and Sultana Hurrem, but halfway there sumbul Aga grabbed me by the hand and took me away without even asking me, he started pulling me towards shezade Mustafa's room.

- "What do you think you are doing, Sumbul?"

- "Shh, shh shut up, Prince Mustafa sent for you to his chambers, you must go there right now, and I must take you there."

I tried to get away from him, but I saw that we had just arrived at the prince's chambers, Sumbul pushed me inside, and I just looked at the smug prince reluctantly.

- "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING? YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO BRING ME HERE AGAINST MY DAMN WILL. I AM A SULTANA, YOU CAN'T DISRESPECT ME LIKE THIS."

- "And you don't have the slightest right to shout at the crown prince, I am the future sultan and even if you try to resist me now, you will be part of my harem because I won't let you leave here until you are mine."

Hearing that I just ordered the guards to open the door, as they were allies of Sultana Hurrem they opened it and I ran to Mihrimah's room, I told her what happened, and she told me that when the Sultan returned we would tell him, in the meantime, I would go with prince Selim to his province for 4 months and then another 4 months I would be with prince Bayezid.

I swear to you Mustafa, that when the sultan returns he will not set his eyes on you again, and you will be a rejected prince because I am the Sultana who reflects the moon, but also the one who reflects the flame of fire and anyone who tries to harm me and those I love will have a painful end and the first in my path is Mustafa, your end will soon begin.