Chapter Two

Several months later

We finally arrived in Istanbul, the trip lasted many months and I became good friends with Marlena, to tell the truth, I did try to find a way to get back to my time because I regretted it, I even hit my head hard and it didn't work, when I woke up I was still on this ship so I decided to give up.

They forced us to get off the boat and took us to the Topkapi palace, I was just holding Marlena's hand tightly when I saw that they were choosing very few young women, I thought they would choose us but I am thankful to say that I was very wrong, the master chose me and Marlena even though we were the last ones to be chosen.

They took us inside the palace and the first thing they did was to take us to the bathrooms, being there we bathed, and then a doctor checked us, I felt violated, the lady had to verify that I was a virgin and the form was not very nice, to tell the truth.

When the doctor finished checking us we went to get dressed, and they gave us horrible simple dresses, I don't like dresses, but that's another topic.

A man started to explain some things to us in Spanish, but the explanation stopped so that we all quickly lined up with our heads down, Sultana Mihrimah was passing by the harem and she looked at us, I felt how she lifted my face, and pointed at me, the lady in charge of the harem saw me and said words that I did not understand because they were speaking Turkish.

I heard the sweet voice of the Sultana speaking to me in Spanish.

Mihrimah - You will be one of my maids and I will teach you to speak Turkish and educate you under the palace rules, now follow me.

Without saying anything else she started walking and I quickly followed her with my eyes glued to the ground, she commands a lot of respect.

I didn't know that the Sultana knows how to speak Spanish, apparently, she does, or does she? Because in the 21st century, she is already dead, but here she is alive, no, I'm not going to force my neurons again to think about it.

.

Two Months Later

Sultana Mihrimah had taught me the rules and behaviors of the palace, I can also understand Turkish perfectly, but speaking it is still hard for me.

The Sultana also gave me a new name, now my name is "Alev", the Sultana also gave me quarters and very nice clothes, you could say we are friends. I can even call her only by her name when we are alone.

And I was right, Firuze is in the palace and she is very haughty, I really don't like her and right now I am thinking about how to reveal her secret and I already have strong proof.

Although I am too busy to think much about it, Mihrimah leaves me taking care of Selim, bayezid, and the little cihangir, they behave very well and I won their hearts by cooking them pizza, something innovative in this time, although we keep it as a secret between the 4 of us. As I can not live without cheese I found a way to do it and the cook keeps that little secret of mine, one day the princes were begging to try something new and I decided to make them a pizza only with that natural cheese and some sauce, needless to say, that they loved it.

Right now I am standing next to Mihrimah and Sultana Hurren, I am wearing a beautiful dress that Sultana Mihrimah gave me, and I am grateful to her.

Fortunately, Sultana Hurrem likes me and lets me stay and chat with her, in this time I have realized that Sultana Hurrem suffers a lot for the Sultan, she really loves him and he forgot about her thanks to Firuze and her spell.

I was in a corner of the room deep in my thoughts when I hear the door open in a bad way, I make a quick bow and managed to notice that they are the sultan and Firuze, the sultan begins to speak very badly to Hurrem because she told her maid Firuze and sent her to the dungeon.

- Sultan Suleiman!

I shouted that with the little courage I had, although now I don't know if it was courage or if my 3 neurons didn't work. Even so, I already did it so I just kept my eyes up watching how everyone saw me, before the sultan sent to execute me I ran to Firuze and lifted her hair leaving in sight his Persian tattoo, the sultan saw it and I took the opportunity to speak quickly.

- Sultan, with all due respect this woman is a safavida and has only come to kill you, she is a well-known Persian sorceress and her name is Humeira.

I gave him a letter that I had in my pocket, I found that letter one day when I was cleaning "firuze's" rooms. Now I must put into practice the little plan I had made earlier.

- My sultan, I know this information because in Spain I had a noble family, one day my father took me with him on a visit to the Persian Palace when I arrived I met princess Firuze and the sorceress Humeira. My lord, Safavida has poisoned you by putting something in your hair and every time you smell it, the poison enters you. I wanted to tell you when I saw her but my Turkish was no good and besides I had no proof.

That was a very credible excuse, I hope they believe me. Fortunately, the sultan read the letter and looked angrily at Firuze, he sent her to the dungeon and then left the room.

I felt Mihrimah hug me and saw how Sultana Hurrem extended her hand to me, I came closer and kissed her hand.

Hürem - Thank you very much, for getting that snake off my back.

It took a couple of hours for the sultan to announce the punishment of Humeira, everyone was pleased with that punishment, what the sultan ordered was...