02

Happy Halloween!

TW: blood and gore

It had been two years since Shredder's proposal. Regardless of what the boy would have decided, he had to accept. Whatever his father demanded, must be completed with excellence and precision. Shredder had trained the boy to be just like him and his soldiers: a weapon, a murderer, a machine.

The left his mother's apartment and moved into the old cathedral that was used as Shredder's lair. His mother probably didn't even realized that her son was gone. 

He learned how to fight and, within a few months, learned how to carry out Shredder's terrible missions for him. He turned into his lackey, doing his side jobs for him while Shredder got all the glory. There wasn't anything that the boy could do about that anyway. His father wouldn't let anyone know his identity, not that anyone knew it to begin with.

He fulfilled his missions with such ease and exactness that it began to catch the attention of the infamous turtles. They started hiding in the shadows of the boy's usual job sites, which tended to be alleyways.

Of course, the boy always had another villain with him, he was never alone. The turtles figured that he either was special to Shredder or a very dangerous villain who needed restraint. Whatever he was, he was dangerous. He was part of Shredder's team. 

He was the enemy.

The turtles had no idea who he was. He always wore a mask covering his mouth and dark makeup to disguise his eyes. He was skilled not only in many variations of hand to hand combat and martial arts, but also a variety of weapons. The turtles had seen him use katanas, nunchucks, kunai knives, and guns. He was skilled in every weapon that the turtles had mastered, except guns.

The turtles hid on the rooftop, watching the boy and Tigerclaw meet with a low-class ruffian. The man tried to make a run for it, but was pressed to the ground at sword point in a blink of an eye. No one even saw the boy move.

"He... they... he... whatever are way too powerful," Donatello said.

"They're gonna kill us all, bros!" Mikey wailed.

"Shh!" Leo reprimanded. "This is a tactical mission, no talking!"

Mikey nodded and turned to face his other brothers. Leonardo's face was solemn as he stared at the things happening below. Raphael waspacing violently behind him, swinging his arms around. The others could tell what Raph was thinking, but they would never let him do it. Last time that they were scouting the new recruit, Raph was ready to jump down and crack some skulls.

"We need to figure out as much as we can before doing anything rash," Leonardo said, turning to face the others. "We know extremely little about this threat and we need to be smart about this."

Screams of pain were heard from the alley below and all four leaned over the edge to see what had happened. The ruffian was laying on the gravel, motionless, a red pool gathering around his severed head. Tigerclaw nodded to the boy and grabbed the body. The mutant swung the body over his shoulder and the two walked out of the alley. They went separate ways, something that they didn't normally do.

The turtles were intrigued.

"We need to split up," Leo said. "Donnie and Mikey follow the boy. Raph and I will go after Tigerclaw."

"Let's go, dudes!" Mikey shouted, leaping down from the roof.

Donnie sighed and followed him along the roof line. Mikey saw him above Donnie and climbed up a ladder in the alleyway, joining him on the roof. They saw the boy walk into a crowded club. Blinding lights shone through the windows as music blasted inside.

Donnie and Mikey looked at each other. Mikey had a ridiculous grin on his face. "My kind of place. Let's partaaaayyy!"

Donnie shook his head. "Mikey, that's not what you think– Mikey!"

Mikey had disappeared into the club. Donnie groaned inwardly to himself. Mikey was so naive to the things of this world. Not that he himself was any better. Donnie barely left the lair except on missions, but knew enough to understand that this world was not meant for them. Donnie would have rather let the boy get away than follow him into the club. But Mikey was in there.

 He had to rescue Mikey.

Donnie jumped from the rooftop and landed in front of the door to the club. He opened the door and immediately wanted to walk back out. There were way too many people. The music was way too loud. Donnie felt claustrophobic. He tried to even out his erratic breathing. He tried his best to walk around the crowds and dancing people, trying to find Mikey.

Mikey was dancing. He was a horrible dancer. Donnie grabbed his arm and yanked him over to the side by the bathrooms.

"Mikey! You can't just waltz in here like it's comic Disneyland!"

"What?" Mikey said.

"Just help me find the guy!" Donnie screamed.

A few people that were next to the turtles looked over in their direction, but quickly went back to whatever they were previously doing. Donnie won't describe it. He doesn't really like talking about it. Or thinking about it. Or IT in general.

Mikey climbed on top of a chair and looked around the room. "I don't see him dude!" he shouted.

"Keep looking!" Donnie said. "I'll be right– hey!"

Donnie was interrupted by a teenage boy running into him. He seemed to be the only sober one at this club. He had black and white hair and carried a black backpack. His black makeup was smeared across his eyes. He looked like he had been crying.

"S-sorry," the boy said. He turned around and disappeared in the crowd.

Donnie stared at the back of the retreating boy. He didn't scream when he saw him. He only said sorry and left.

"He's not here, bro," Mikey said, shaking Donnie out of his trance. "Let's go."