Free Spirit (Chapter Four)

Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles 

2:00 PM

"Troy please tell me this is a joke, tell me this isn't real life right now!" Kenya questioned as a fresh set of tears formed in her eyes.

Three surgeries later Adrianne had returned to the room she was upgraded to courtesy her fiancé. A bigger space to accommodate everyone was a must as well as where she could recover comfortably.

When the family caught wind of Adrianne having to undergo another surgery they all found themselves at the hospital. Reece had calmed down tremendously after Kenya explained the whole scenario to him.

"I don't know man but I swear that bitch gone pay for all this shit she did to her, on my mama" Troy hadn't cried since the death of his mother. Other than his mother, his sisters were his everything.

"That bitch is going to see me- We can't lose her Troy not after everything we've been through, I can't even fathom that thought if-" Troy stopped Kenya before she finished her sentence.

"Don't even finish that sentence Kenya. Adrianne gone be aight. One thing about God he gone come through, we just have to wait"Troy quickly wiped the tear that threatened to fall with the back of his hand.

Neither Kenya nor Troy had ever seen their sister like this except when she had gastroenteritis when she was in high school but even then she didn't look as sick as she did now.

But Kenya would be lying if she said that she wasn't scared. She was a mess. She had been ever since that day.

There was a ring of darkness around her eyes which were also sunken in. Her skin looked dull,like the life had been drained out of her.

Kenya just wanted her sister back, so did Troy and everyone else who loved her but nobody else than Aubrey.

Adrianne stood at the other side of the room, in her spirit form. She was confused to say the least. She had no idea what was going on and why there was someone who looked just like her laying on the bed.

She would watch as her family came to visit her. Her brother, sister, father, Sandi- all their faces held sad looks on them.

 When she would try to speak there would be no answer, it was like she wasn't even there.

With all of the people that visited her on a daily basis the one person that she saw that never left her side was Aubrey. He was there, he barely ate and barely slept. Most times he just cried even when he talked to her or to God the tears would fall.

It was this never ending emotional rollercoaster for Aubrey and it broke Adrianne's heart.

It was rare that she saw her brother cry so that broke her heart even more.

Adrianne watched as the doctor walked into the room with Sandy, her father, Aubrey and Chubbs.

All of them gathered around her lifeless body so that the doctor could give her briefing.

"Okay so Adrianne is finally in recovery-" There was a huge sigh of relief that escaped their mouths.

Troy hugged Kenya. Both silently thanked God in that moment while Sandi hugged Reese and Chubbs dapped Aubrey up.

Overhearing their conversation made her walk over to them, her eyebrow arched at the doctor saying that she was in recovery.

"But she isn't out of the woods yet, she still has a long way to go. When Adrianne was shot there's a possibility that the shooter kept their finger on the trigger which in result released two bullets, that's also why there was so much bleeding" Explained doctor Perez.

"If it wasn't for your quick thinking Kenya with what you learned in your nursing class, your sister would have bled out and died before she even reached the hospital" Kenya didn't pat herself on the back at all. She was grateful that she had a good memory on that day.

It was as if it just popped in her head. She knew then that it wasn't based on her own memory it was God himself.

The doctor discussed some more important things with the family before leaving.

The group talked amongst themselves for a while but Adrianne's soul moved through the stature of Troy which seemingly freaked her out.

Hovering over her real life body it all clicked for her.

Sophie…..
_________

Will Adrianne ever wake up?

Should Kenya see Sophie about what she did her sister?

Find out in the next chapter. As always thank you for reading lists and vote!!!